Monday 3 July 2017

Tears and laughs

Happy July friends can you believe that we are in the second half of this year, time seems to go so fast. Writing to you today from a sunny, slightly cloudy, no wind Bettys Bay, where everything seems so calm and peaceful outside completely belying all the drama currently taking place in our village. On Friday late afternoon a little 7 year old Girl was swept off the rocks and there has been an intensive search taking place ever since, with various NSRI, police divers, neighborhood watch, many residents and just about every other possible group of people. Today they have been able to bring in numerous drones to help with the search. Yesterday Hubby and I went to help and spent a coulee of hours climbing over the rocks searching every possible nook and cranny, apart from falling a couple of times and literally being blown off my feet by the wind it was exhausting and so very, very sad. The waves were absolutely enormous and my darling Hubby was about as far out on the rocks as he could go which caused me no end of concern, what was nice though was being able to meet some of the locals and putting faces to names. I said to him when we got back that I felt as if I had accomplished nothing to which he wisely replied that we had accomplished more than we know and more than anyone who didn't go out. My heart goes out to the parents and family as well as the rescue teams for their complete dedication to the task.

On the domestic front we have had a quiet few weeks with Jelly Bean having had a few days off here and there, which means that we pretty much don't move on those days and play catch up here at home. My precious hubby has been busy working on the Cat Condo which I was hoping to show you today but have decided to wait until it is completely finished, suffice to say it is amazing and Jasper seems to love it, Gemma being the aloof lady that she is has not ventured anywhere near it unless she is stealing his food.

For those of you who know me, you will know that this is my favourite time of the year television wise as I just adore watching the Tour de France the bonus this year is that Hubby can watch with me. We had a wonderful surprise visit from BabyBear this morning as she was in the area and popped in for a quick visit and some coffee. They had 'great fun' yesterday when their gas heater started playing up, while BigBear was struggling with it the whole top of the heater caught fire, huge flames coming out of the top of it. They managed to get out of the house safely and taking a Fire Extinguisher off the wall outside were able to put the fire out before the cylinder exploded or the rest of their furniture was damaged, now they have dry powder in every little corner of the lounge. Thank the Lord for His protection, I am totally convinced that is why we parents spend so much time praying for our families, I ok E up at about 4 am on Saturday with a heavy feeling of of 'dread' and started praying for everyone by name etc, we will never know but I am sure that God was there in that lounge yesterday. We have another exciting event coming up as Miss Muffet and her family will be here at the end of the month for a brief holiday, we can't wait as its been a few years since they have been home, Specially the fact that we can spend time with our little Grandsons, wooohooo lots of photo opportunities coming up. In the meantime the cooking and baking experiments continue with a fair amount of success as I enlarge my repertoire and continue to push into new areas hehe. I happens to watch a video called 'What the Health' the other day and am even more convinced that not eating meat is a good decision for me personally. I can honestly say that it has definitely made a difference to my health in some areas.

Friends from a quiet Bettys Bay and the promise of a photo of the cat condo next week I am going to end off for today, the kitchen is calling. Wishing you a good week ahead and a reminder to always be safe and alert of your surroundings.

No comments: