Monday 26 June 2017

Life is full of obstacles

Good morning friends I hope this Blog finds you all well and overcoming obstacles. Why overcoming obstacles ? Because no matter who you are, or how good or bad life is there will always be some obstacles in your path in order to get you to quit, slow down or even become overwhelmed by it all. We always have a choice and as hard as it sometimes is to keep going and not give in, that really is the only way to handle the issues that keep dropping into our lives. I am and always have been a glass half full person, yes there have been many times in my life where I have questioned things, why me? what did I do wrong? Isn't it enough now? And from first hand experience those questions never give you answers or change the situation. Speaking positively over a situation, keeping my thoughts on God's Word and His promises, refusing to give up for any reason, taking time to nourish my Spirit and just plain hanging on are what carries me through every situation. Discouragement will always try and take hold but if our feet are firmly planted in the Word of God and His promises it is virtually impossible to stay discouraged and sad. Friends, start looking at all the obstacles as potential testimony and speak God's words over the situation, your family, your health, your finances, those you work with, your safety etc. I look forward to hearing some of those testimonies as you overcome one after another challenge or obstacle.

We are having glorious weather at the moment, sunny and cold (big grin), we have a fire going just about every day and have had some good rains, still much more needed but every drop is precious and counts. Hubby dearest is busy working on the cat tree and what we have so far is looking awesome, I'm not sure Jasper quite gets the whole concept but hopefully when the platform and the hammock are on he will be able to climb and play. He has been a little terror over the last while and at the same time an absolute cutey, one moment he will be playing and purring and the next he attacks your hand/arm with a vengeance. I've tried a few things generally to my own harm/blood loss and eventually turned to good old Google, in about 20 articles that I read on the subject there was only ONE that actually gave any kind of a solution - break eye contact and look away, ignore him (hard to do when your flesh is in a vice grip) and move away from him, do not smack, blow in his face or shout (all those things just make my cat sink his teeth in deeper).
I have been using these techniques for the last three days and am happy to say that so far they are working and I have a real cuddle bunny on my lap also hopefully my hands and arms will stop looking as though I lost a fight with thorn tree.

Folks, I wish you a week of happiness, favour with others, protection and good memories. Please stay safe wherever you are and make the most of every minute you have.


Sourdough salty crackers nom nom

No comments: