Monday 17 July 2017

Snow, rain, wind, cat fails - that's life

Good morning one and all on this freezing cold Monday, I hope you are staying warm! Well whoever thought the Cape doesn't get cold has never lived here, the temperatures have not risen above 11c for a good few days, we have snow on the mountains all the way from Table Mountain to the Drakensberg, magnificent rains and typical BB winds that quite literally blow you off your feet, my kind of weather wooohooo.

After all the family news last week this week has been like a quiet pond surface in comparison, everyone is well, busy and blessed. Not too many sleeps before we see Miss Muffet and the boys so we are busy with preparations for their visit as well. Apart from Max. A.k.a. Houdini getting out last week twice, no clue how or where, even the animals are peaceful although I must just add that watching Max stand against the wind is very funny. He plants his feet wide apart and leans into the wind in order not to get blown along like a tumbleweed hehe. Speaking of rolling over, last week I nearly collapsed laughing, we were on our way out and Jasper was sleeping on the top floor/shelf of the condo, this puts him at eye level with me. I walked up to him to say goodbye and he tried being all cute and tucked his head in and rolled over onto his back, or should I say he tried to roll over. What happened in reality was he rolled over and right off the shelf, after some really quick scrambling he managed to grab hold with his front claws and was left hanging in mid air, he turned to look at me with reproach and a plea for help in his eyes. I am sure the reproach was for laughing but I did offer the necessary assistance and reposition him. His dignity took a mighty blow and en hen we got back home he ignored me, like it was my fault haha.

Hubby dearest has been busy planning and working on a small catalogue of the various pieces of furniture he makes as he is going to start advertising locally, go for it my love your furniture is amazing. I had some really cute chats with Princess last week as she is on school holidays and loves cooking and baking, needless to say that Poppet went home to some interesting experiments. In truth Princess cooks and bakes exceptionally well, I am looking forward to her next visit when she is going to try out some of her specialities on us. This Gran cannot wait for that, it's been far too long. Confession time, I almost forgot that today is Monday hehe, we are taking some friends through to the airport this afternoon after dropping Jelly Bean at work, and with the normal Monday chores done I suddenly realized ooooh it's Monday and Blog day, a good cup of coffee, a spot in the sun and voila here we are Blog almost done, lunch to be cooked and then we can leave.

Friends I pray you have a good, peace filled week, please remember to stay warm and as always be safe. It is always wonderful to hear your stories and feedback, thank you for your continued support.

Jasper checking out his kingdom from the top shelf.

No comments: