Monday 17 April 2017

A time of experimenting.

Hi folks I hope you have all had a fabulous Easter weekend, ours has been very laid back and quiet I suppose that's to be expected sometimes when you move all the way across the country. I will admit that I have missed the family some thing terrible this last week as we usually have at least Big Guy, Poppet and Princess over for an Easter Egg hunt and a big family meal. I truly wish I could wave a magic wand to get them here more often, thank goodness for telephones and Skype that still keep us connected and in touch. Jelly Bean worked every day which kept us on the go, but the plus side was the weather has been cold with really high winds which meant we could cuddle up with blankets and keep our fire going, winter is my absolute best. I did manage to catch up on all the baking, which takes up a fair bit of time but keeps everyone happy, especially Hubby dearest.

Betty's Bay is now settling back to normal as the school holidays come to an end, what always amazes me is that even though our little village 'fills up' during the holidays it never gets noisy here or feels like there are a lot of extra people around, until you get out onto the main roads and see the increase of traffic. I have not ever missed the 'city' for even an instant and we still remind ourselves that this is home and it's permanent.

Having said how quiet it has been right now it feel super, extra quiet hahaha. Because I haven't 'paced' myself for the last while, and with Jelly Bean only working an afternoon shift today, my precious husband decided to take her in and then visit with some friends of ours so that I don't have to drive today and can just rest up and re-charge my battery. As sweet and precious as that is, it still leaves me very frustrated as I hate missing out on anything and the house is super quiet. I mentioned last week that I have stopped eating meat for the last two weeks in order to see if it makes aby difference to my health, interestingly enough it has made a difference as well as discovering that onions which I've eaten all my life, make me really sick. I made a French onion soup last week and spent the next 30 hours in absolute agony, all these years when I've had fried onion rings or a lot of onion and been ill I have lblamed it on the bread that usually went with it. This is a huge adjustment for me because I use onion in just about everything, but whatever it takes to feel better is what I am prepared to do. So onions are history for me and I am continuing to eliminate different foods in order to find out what increases my pain / exhaustion levels. For now I'm curled up with a heating pad and lots of tea.

Friends, thank you for being part of this Blog and for your continued encouragement. I pray you all have a fabulous week and if you are on the roads please be extra aware and super safe.

The full moon last week.



A spectacular sunset a couple of days ago.

No comments: