Monday 21 November 2016

A beautiful day to start the week.

Hi folks how are you all on this beautiful Monday? It is a gorgeous day here in Betty's Bay cold, misty, not much wind and we are having a slowish day with a fire roaring in the grate and all four animals have been curled up sleeping. The only thing I would change would be having a huge mug of coffee in my hand lol - shoooo what I would not do for cuppa haha.

With a productive yet chilled weekend behind us we are busy planning our next project which will be the tea/coffee station in the kitchen woohoo. At last I am feeling like my projects are on target and have more energy to deal with them. Yesterday we had some friends over for a braai (our first in this house) and because the South Easter was really pumping we had to braai on the other side of the house, which means our braai on the deck still has to be christened. Nevertheless my dear Hubby cooked the meat to perfection and as is usual we all ate too much so an extremely lazy afternoon followed, although some of us did continue with our search for the elusive shell beach which has thus far eluded every attempt. We did not exactly find it but I now know pretty much where to look so as a soon as the weather clears that's where I am headed hopefully to collect some special shells. There are so many things I want to experiment with, one of which would be making shell jewellary.

This coming weekend we are planning to start visiting Craft Markets in and around the area, there seem to be so many going on that is going to be a case of pick and choose, super excited to see what they are like down here. Thankfully my special Hubby is just as fond of markets as Jelly Bean and I so between the three of us we get really involved and usually cover almost every stall, my favourite being the antique / secondhand, jewellary and book stalls. Roll on Saturday which will also means we will be a week closer to the family arriving.

Friends with the holiday period upon us and knowing that we are not the only ones having visitors and how busy we are all going to be, and the increased stress levels all around, I will be Blogging once a week during this time. I would still love to hear from you all and will be sharing all our 'happenings' as usual every Monday. If there is one thing I would like to encourage you all with it is that no matter how busy and chaotic life gets it is important for each one of us to still try and make time for ourselves. Whether it's that quiet cup of coffee (I wish), reading a magazine, taking a long bath, a walk on the beach, whatever it is that recharges your batteries. We cannot give to others if we ourselves are empty, I know looks who's talking, but I am really trying to do the things that charge my batteries and help me be a blessing to others.

For all the folks who read this Blog from the U.S. I wish you a wonderful Thanksgiving and pray that you and your loved ones are safe while travelling and that your time spent together with friends and family is blessed. For the rest of my friends I pray that you have an awesome week, take that time to breathe and please be safe.


Kiko finds the strangest places to sleep. Curled up in my basket on top of all sorts of hard things.


No comments: