Monday 14 November 2016

Things to do, places to go, people to see


Hi friends how are you all on this windy Monday? Windy down here at least, we are having gusts of 53kph at the moment in fact as I typed that I just witnessed Hubby dearest get literally blown off his feet as he went out of the door hahaha. Shame that reminds me that when we lived down here previously Poppet was about 10 years old and skinny to boot, our kitchen door opened outward and she opened it the one day and it flew back taking her with it almost blowing her out at about a 30 degree angle, thankfully she wasn't hurt but we were both more than a little shaken. It is quite entertaining to watch our animals coping with the wind. Gemma just stays curled up inside on a chair as much as she can, Kiko goes out and then turns around and comes right back in. Sasha adopts a wide legged stance and Max, he is the funniest, he has developed a crab type walk in order to not get blown over the fence haha. The other incident which caused much mirth earlier today (I just missed seeing it) Kiko was on the outside of the window debating whether to come in or not and apparently Gemma jumped up onto the sil, saw Kiko and proceeded to stand on and kick off Kiko's head in order to get through the window, using her as a launching pad I could not believe it. As for us humanoids we just try and stay out of it as much as possible. This morning I stupidly decided to wash linen which was fine until I had to get it onto the washing line, it was like wrestling a giant octopus on steroids and Red Bull haha.

We had a quiet but fairly productive weekend with my super clever husband finishing the kitchen unit (he's busy installing it as I type). I painted the back and sides, very successfully if I may say so, and then managed to get one of my projects done as well as try out a new biscuit (cookie) recipe. I was reading an article last week which spoke about a connection to Fibromyalgia and Gluten Intolerance as a result of which I stopped eating gluten immediately. I've done it before but not for Fibro reasons, so far the result is I've lost 2.5kg weight, but have not yet seen a difference in pain symptoms which I'm guessing may take awhile. The biscuits turned out delicious it is quite the easiest and most economical biscuit recipe I have ever used, so naturally being me I've already worked out how I can vary them without changing the basic formula. It was also very cold here of the weekend, the high seas are continuing together with the wind. Yesterday morning we made a lovely fire and kept it going all day, it's amazing what a difference it made which we only really noticed when we went outside.

Well, I don't know about you but we have a super busy week coming up. On Wednesday we are going through to Franschoek with a friend to visit a Vintage Car Musuem which I think is on a Wine Farm so we are quite excited about that. There are also a couple of other personal things we have to see to ie. Choosing new doctors etc UGH, and oh yes get going on all those projects hehe.

Folks I hope you have an awesome week, make lemonade out of any lemons and as always be safe please.

I am attaching pics of how our temporary kitchen has looked since we moved in and how it looks now with our state of the art unit. My Hubby is super clever and talented. Thank you my darling.


Our new kitchen unit ta daa


From this

No comments: