Monday 13 June 2022

The rain has arrived.

 Good morning folks, I hope you are all well.  I am guessing that for most of you in South Africa you have been enjoying the colder weather of winter for awhile.  Sadly Mother Nature has thus far kept winter locked up for the Western Cape, I kid you not.  We have had a very few cold days but of late oh my goodness, it has been full on summer, especially this past week.  Short sleeves, barefoot, doors and windows open for the slightest breath of air.  For the last three days the wind has huffed and puffed and blown gales of hot berg wind!  Never have I known winter to start so late and I for one am in serious withdrawal hehe.  This changed yesterday early evening when the long promised cold front blew in over the Cape bringing with it cooler temperatures and the blessed rain which started falling at 20.20 and has not stopped 👏🏻.  We should be having almost a week of good rains which will, please God put out the two wild fires that have been burning for the last five days.

It was a quiet week from my side although I did manage to catch up on all my mending so I guess that is something haha.   Hubby had a busy week with watches and also worked hard as he is sealing up areas along the deck.  Sometimes difficult going with the wind which is when he changes hats and goes to the watches. 

On Friday we trekked into town for my Drs appointment,.where eventually the last three stitches were removed, yaaay.  The new compression bra has made such a difference and  I was finally given the all clear and only need to go back in two months 👏.

Jasper has been having a rough week as we have builders in front of us. They have been there for weeks now but ha e also become progressively louder.  This has just freaked him out to the point that he won't come out of hiding and stopped eating 🤦🏻‍♀️.  It took the weekend to settle him and make him feel secure and today with the rain on the roof we are back to insecure and hiding. My little braveheart... not !!

It is going to be a busy week for Princess as yesterday was her birthday.  I cannot believe she is 19 and have been trying to figure how those years have gone by so quickly.  From the tiny little bundle that arrived in this world flashing her dimple to the exquisite, composed young women she is.  Well done Poppet you have done an amazing job of raising an incredible human.  Today she writes her last mid-year exam, it has been a long slog of four solid weeks of exams.  On Wednesday she is going in for surgery to repair the torn miniscus in her knee.  We will all be glad to see her  out of pain, it has been almost six months now 😥.  Please keep them in your prayers.

Folks, despite the rain housework continues so I must get going.  Have a wonderful week, stay warm, safe and healthy. Ciao Ciao.

Jasper the Brave in relaxed mode.





No comments: