Monday 6 June 2022

A new month, new victories.

Hi everyone from our tiny corner of paradise.  Still not winter here but definitely cooler and  much more pleasant temperatures 😃.

Our week started off with a very early start and a visit to the Surgeon on Monday, not exactly my ideal haha.  He was not happy with the degree of chaffing and damage to my skin from the tight underband of my compression bra or the hole.  He immediately and without any ado put a stitch in to close it OUCH.   I have to report back this coming Friday to have the stitch removed.  The annoying thing was the following day a new hole formed right under the stitch 🤷🏻‍♀️.  JB and I are just doctoring it and keeping an eye on it, but so far it looks ok.

When we went in, for it was the three of us as well as Charlie as he was overdue for his injection.  Oh my goodness,  Charlie whined all the way to town (most unusual) and was generally unsettled.  After making a couple of stops Hubby dropped us off at the Mall as I needed to try and find a full support bra that won't cut into my skin.  A complete waste of time and energy as there was nothing that fitted, nevermind full support, an experience that made me discouraged and tearful.  When we arrived back at the car JB opened the back door to get in and there it was on the seat ... 💩.  That's why Charlie had been so unsettled and at none of the stops had he been out of the car.  Meanwhile Hubby claimed he thought he had stood in something 🤦🏻‍♀️.  Mercifully it was a quick and easy clean before we made our way  home, gratefully.  I spent a large portion of the week researching and trying to find the correct in between garment and hopefully did.  We are waiting to pick it up from the Surgeons rooms.

After all this time we are now able to start enjoying the deck, it still has a way to go aesthetically but what a beautiful space.  The whole of yesterday we had all three fold-back doors open, leading onto it and it was just one big, glorious space.  Not long now and I will post pics.  Hubby has had an influx of watches after months of receiving  mostly clocks.  People come with sometimes four or five watches needing repair and/or batteries.  Obviously they move to the front of the 'work' queue.  

Family wise everyone is doing well, all exceptionally busy with work and deadlines and for Princess it's exam time.  Yesterday we had the Bandy Clan over after not having seen them for three weeks, which felt much longer LOL.   It was soo good to see them, catch up, give and receive hugs - most definitely the best medicine in the world.  Humph arrived sporting one of his very smart Bow Ties and looking very dapper.

I am looking forward to hopefully being able to get back to my crafts and projects soon, my current 'interest' is Needle Punch Embroidery.  I have seen examples here and there, but had no idea that it is actually the modern version of Rug Pulling.  As I mentioned previously I am going to need to change scatter cushions in the lounge and happened to come across some that have been done with Needle Punch, they are beautiful and give a unique 3D effect to the cover.  It can be done on fine embroidery right through textures to actual rug making.  I am intrigued and cannot wait to try it out for myself.

Well folks, that is my news for this week.  Have a wonderful week. Take time to take those deep breaths. Smell the roses and in general be kind to yourself.  Please stay safe and well.  Ciao Ciao.

Pic is of a cushion by Botanicalboys.com


No comments: