Monday 27 December 2021

Happy New Year

Wow, just look at where this year has gone, good morning all, I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas weekend as we now move towards saying goodbye what has surely been a challenging year. I for one will not be sorry to see the end of 2021 but I am so blessed that I was able to end this year with my family and at home. I was discharged last Monday, hallelujah what a relief after three long weeks. Poppet very kindly drove me home and spent the afternoon with us which was awesome, being home and with those I love. On Tuesday Big Guy arrived and spent that night with BigBear and BabyBear before meeting up with the rest of us at Poppets house for a family dinner. The biggest surprise was having known that Big Guy had been on a diet for the last fourteen months, he had been very careful of not letting any of us see photographs of him, so seeing him was a really enormous surprise, he has lost 50kg's and the change is absolutely incredible. Apart from looking and feeling healthier he looks at least 15 years younger, Congratulations son you are an example and inspiration to us all. It has been beyond special having him home with us this past week, he also has done the bulk of the cooking, thank you my love, as well as all the rest of the family time we have had, it was sorely needed (by me) and the best way to see out the year. In general it has been a quiet week as I have found that I am not quite as strong as I would like to think, the three weeks of lying in bed and literally being pumped full of medication has taken quite a toll on my body as well as the adjustment to being home and not in isolation ...... there is no place like home. We spent Christmas Day with Poppet and Princess at their house, Sonshine is still stuck in the U.K. after testing positive for CoVid 😢. Poppet and Big Guy worked as an amazing team and produced a feast of note, thank you guys for an incredible meal and to all for making it a special day, despite the circumstances. Thank you Princess for insisting on playing Uno Flip hahaha it was also a very much needed time of laughter and fun as a family. Yesterday we spent quietly at home and today are going out for a meal before my handsome son flies back to Johannesburg tomorrow, I am going to miss him so much and am praying it won't take twelve months to see him again. Folks as we wrap up this year I pray that we can leave the 'negative/unhappy' parts behind us, taking what we have learnt and the positive changes and experiences with us into 2022. May this year ahead be one of good health, strong family bonds, productive and prosperous work experiences and just overall, a year filled with joy and goodness. Stay well and stay safe folks, thank you for your support and continued readership I am looking forward to some new adventures, memories and fun in this coming year. Ciao ciao. Zeepha being cute.

No comments: