Monday 15 November 2021

Good news

Good morning everyone and here again Monday has rolled around just like it always does. I trust you all had a good week and aren't under too much pressure. For a change of pace I went into Somerset West twice in a row, real gallivanter I am hehe. On Tuesday I went in to Radiology where a Doctor did the aspiration which went very smoothly and for the first time since my surgery she was delighted with what she could see internally. Yaaaaay. On Wednesday we were back in really early for my Plastic Surgeon to asses things and double yaaay, he was really happy, all the wounds are healing nicely despite still having 2 surface holes. Today the plan is for him to insert a few stitches, under local anaesthetic this time and then to do my first fill, I am extremely nervous and leaning heavily on the Lord for strength and also wisdom for Doctor. His words to me were "now you are starting to make progress for the first time" 🙏🏻🙏🏻 On Wednesday afternoon we were SO blessed to have a visit with Sonshine, Poppet and Princess, who is still writing year end exams, yes, after 106 weeks he managed to get here without incident and they are all having a truly special visit. The Bears are overworking, like everyone else I guess and Jelly Bean is still wearing many caps every day, apart from working and looking after me and keeping the house afloat. Hubby has also been really busy but has had a really sore neck so he was able to gear down a little. Big Guy is on his way back from Mozambique where he spent the last four days, a well deserved and very overdue rest. Yesterday with a very real need to do something useful, I sat and repaired all of Charlie's soft, cuddly toys 😂, now he can play to his hears content. Funny though, Sasha has never been attached to a toy rather, she likes to scoot the cushions off the chairs and has done since she was a baby, funny little munchkins. We have, three times this week, had a Hadedah hollering late into the evening, which is most unusual. My theory is he must be young and for some reason keeps getting lost 🤷🏻‍♀️ I can honestly think of no other reason. Whilst on the subject of Betty's Bay's wildlife a very dear friend of mine sent me a video yesterday, of a Puff Adder merrily wending his way through her fynbos garden, thank the Lord she was not gardening at the time, oh we do live in a very special place. Well ladies and gentlemen that is all for me today. Have a super fabulous week and turn those lemons into lemonade when you need to. Stay well and safe. Ciao Ciao Sunset last night. taken by BabyBear in Gardens, Cape Town looking towards Lions Head.

No comments: