Monday 29 November 2021

Christmas is approaching.

Good morning folks this year is fast coming to a close much to the relief of most of the people I know.  To be honest it has been a doozy and I for one won't be sorry to see the back of it.


All in all it was a quiet week after two successive trips into town for ........ doctors LOL.  I got the thumbs up and temporary sign off from my Breast Surgeon who is happy with where I am now, temporary because she will be involved in my exchange surgery.  I also then got the thumbs up from my Oncologist after booking a bone density test in early December, I will be seeing her every three months so that will be ongoing.  Then to round them all off I saw my Plastic Surgeon who was very happy with all the stitches and wounds, but booked me for an Ultra Sound Aspiration which was done and yielded only 13 ml and another happy Dr Radiologist whoop, whoop. Happy doctors makes a nice change.  Today I go in to have all of the stitches removed 🙏🏻 and the possibility of my first fill.  On our way home last week we stopped at a vet shop and  as I walked in I realized that it is the first store I have been in since before the 8th October - major milestone 😂😂.

We had a fabulous Saturday when the girls came around, exams are finished and a little pressure is off.  It was awesome to see them relax and Princess decorated the Christmas Tree for me, it looks absolutely stunning.  Poppet cooked us the most delicious curry and the afternoon was topped off with Christmas mince pies, my personal weakness and favorite, yummmmm. Thank you girls for making it special and giving me the privilege of seeing you both actually relax a bit.

There has been much stress due to the U.K. closing its borders to SA as Sonshine is booked to be back here for Christmas.  This action has caused such heartache not just in our family but all over the country and my heart goes out to everyone on both sides of 'the Pond' who have been affected and we can only pray that somehow God will make a way.

There are so many people right now who are struggling just to get through the next hour / day / week, even in my own family and  when I look at the tiredness of Spirit and body in those I know, I am so aware that we can do nothing in our own strength.  The last two years have been beyond difficult on every single, possible level, spiritually and physically people are drained and exhausted.  The ONLY answer I have is God's Word and prayer.  It is only in relying on Him that we can face the next hour, in our own ability we are nothing. 

Isaiah 40 v 27 .... Why do you say oh Jacob and assert oh Israel " my way is hidden from the Lord, and the justice due me escapes the notice of my God?"  Do you not know ? Have you not heard ? The Everlasting God, the Lord,  the Creator of the ends of the earth does not become weary or tired.  His understanding is inscrutable.  He gives strength to the weary, and to him to lacks might, He increases power.  Though youths grow tired and weary, and vigorous young men stumble badly, yet those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength;  They will mount up with wings like eagles.  They will run and not get tired, the will walk and not become weary.

Joshua  1 v 9 " Have I not commanded you ? Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the Lord Your God is with you wherever you go."

Folks, we can't do it, but through relying on the strength of the Lord we can conquer everything that comes our way, irrespective of how tired or weak we are.  It just takes calling out to God for His help, His strength, His wisdom, His peace to bring us into a place where He can reach out and give you what is needed.  Just on a personal level if I did not do this on a daily basis I know for a fact I would not have coped with what am going through and have been through.  

My prayer for you all this week is that you will feel the peace of God, experience His helping hand, strength and wisdom and that the challenges of the week will crumble at your feet.  Stay strong 💪🏻 and stay safe and well.  Ciao Ciao .




No comments: