Monday 25 January 2021

I love the wind!

Greetings folks from the little Village by the sea, I trust today's Blog finds you all well and ready to tackle the new week. I am not quite sure about tackling this week but, I am definitely more ready to deal with it than I was on the last Blog. To say last week was a bit of a non event would be putting things mildly. As you may remember I was on my way to the Doctor last Monday and that little visit caused quite a lot of stress. After going through the symptoms and the examination she could find no reason other than gastro to account for the way I felt but, given all the symptoms she insisted on doing a CoVid test, she did not even give me time to start stressing about the actual test itself. Anyway I can say this, it is not quite as bad as I had been led to expect - a minute or two of a stinging, burning nostril and we were done, the real stress came in waiting for the results. Naturally I prayed and was standing on the promises of God, but there is always that little voice of the devil whispering in your ear. I spent most of the week on the bed and trying to keep as far away from Jelly Bean and Hubby as was possible, went through loads of sanitizer, did a humongous amount of reading all with Charlie tucked up against me, bless his little heart. It was on Wednesday late morning when I received an SMS from the Laboratory saying there was NO evidence of CoVid in my test, hallelujah !!! It did not make the symptoms go away but we could all rest in the fact that I was not a danger to society and my family, and I could get on with the healing. Poppet and Princess were so relieved that they arrived early in the evening with supper for us all, thank you my precious girls. It has literally taken me right up until yesterday to even begin start feeling like myself and to start getting my appetite back. Hubby had to go to Pringle Bay on Saturday to collect two clocks for repair and I went with, purely to get out of the house and to be with him. We stopped at one of our favorite Coffee Shops and had some tea before coming home, I was completely exhausted, that was possibly the most frustrating symptom, the extreme exhaustion when trying to do the smallest task. Anyway, I am feeling better, am still taking it easy and am ready to face this last week of January with my chin up and armour intact. My heart and prayers go out to every family that are facing this 'plague' either within their family or through being on the front lines. It is scarey and very real and it happens quickly. If you know someone who is in isolation, recovering, waiting for results, whatever ..... please reach out in any way possible to assist them and encourage them. A text, a meal left at the gate, a delivery of essentials, a phone call - trust me it will mean the absolute world to them. I was and am so blessed to have had the prayers of my family, and Jelly Bean and Hubby were fantastic, without them I could not have taken the time to rest and recover and ........ I did not even have Covid 19, who know what I had, I all know is the test came back negative Praise God. Princess had her meet and greet at the new school which went well and I was so blessed to hear that some of the girls in her new class have already reached out to her and put her onto their Whatsapp group. As the starting date for school was delayed by a week she is currently up in Pretoria with friends and will fly home on Saturday ready to begin this new chapter next Monday. The rest of the family are all doing very well and it would seem that for everyone the year got off to a brisk and busy start. Clocks and watches keep on rolling in and then tick tocking their way back home which continues to amaze us, Hubby hasn't advertised for ages and currently it is purely by word of mouth, he's known as the 'watch/clock guy in Bettys Bay' hehehehe. We had the most awful weather last week , for me anyway, the temperatures were up in the 30's and not a breath of wind, even the dogs were listless and just lay around. Years ago we bought a portable air conditioner which requires the exhaust pipe to be put outside. In the old house we had modified a window for this purpose, but down here we have just squished it through the open window which sort of defeats the object. Hubby had a brainwave and took the cast iron plate off the top off our fire 'stove' and attached the exhaust pipe to the top of the stove causing the hot air to go into the stove and up the chimney, when the cooler weather arrives we will put the plate back and resume using the stove to make our fires. It certainly worked well and after closing up all the windows and closing curtains (I learnt that trick in Cradock) our house was a wonderful cool haven. Well folks that is all for this week, I hope you all have a good one and keep yourselves safe and healthy. Once again I would like to say thank you for your continued support, encouragement and readership, I appreciate every one of you, every comment and greeting. Ciao ciao.
A memory from December, Ficks Pool.
 


No comments: