Monday 18 January 2021

A quiet but tough week

Good morning everyone from a quiet and wonderfully windy Betty's Bay. We had a wonderfully quiet week with Hubby getting quite a few clocks and watches back to their owners, he also made a lot of progress on Poppet's server unit, all in all he had a very productive week. It was Big Guys 44th birthday on Wednesday, I just wish we could have been there to celebrate with him. After the birthday wishes etc we all loaded up and trekked around the mountain into town to stock up on dog and cat food, it's very seldom that we run out of all at the same time. I also managed to get my hands on five tins of the food that Charlie eats from our Vet, it has been out of stock for more than six weeks and due to that, of late we have been back to his old cycle of vomiting and fasting grrrr. I also stopped and bought some Preemie baby socks which I am going to put on his feet in an endeavor to stop him licking them raw, it will also enable me to put cream on them and hopefully he won't lick the cream off. We did all the shopping, Hubby went and exchanged some of the wood he had bought because it was warped and then we nipped in to see Poppet and also pick up a large wooden unit she has no space for and which I want to strip and use here. Quite a busy day it was and then AFTER getting home I realized I had forgotten to buy the cats their food 🤦🏻‍♀️🙀, not my best shining hour, to say they were unimpressed would be putting it mildly but wet dog food had to suffice. On Thursday I spent time doing my nails whilst Hubby went with his friend for coffee, restocked our Library books and bought cat food ...... the wrong brand because they had nothing else, well Zeepha just took one look and said 'nope not me' whilst Jasper ate his portion as well as hers. She is a fussy little madam this one. I woke up on Friday with incredible nausea and body aches - if my Fibro pain usually sits at about 7 or 8, this was 15. Saturday I was not as sore and yesterday about the same. The nausea is just constant - one way to lose weight I guess. Yesterday Poppet phoned me in tears because her kitty 'Boude' kept collapsing and vomiting, so we managed to find an emergency Vet and within half an hour Poppet had her there. They admitted Boude and put her on a drip as well as ran a whole lot of tests, at 1.55 she called me to say her and Princess were on their way back to the Animal Hospital because it was determined that poor little Boude was in Chronic Kidney Failure and so they had to make the very hard decision to put her to sleep and were with her through to the end. They are completely heartbroken and I know how they are feeling as it was the same with Gemma. Poppet got Boude as a tiny kitten a few months after her big surgery in 2011 and she weathered all the many storms that Poppet has faced since, being her constant little companion, the only comfort is in knowing that she is not suffering and went to sleep knowing how much she was loved 😢 I am going to end with this. As we continue to social distance, work from home, face various levels of lock down and ALL that goes with everything CoVid related, let us take joy in every day we have, make the most of every minute spent with family and loved ones, and explore new ways of spending time together and most importantly keep ourselves safe and out of harms way. I pray you all have a truly wonderful week Ciao Ciao. R.I.P. BOUDE.

No comments: