Monday 6 July 2020

Fun and games

Happy Monday folks on this the first Monday of the second half of 2020.  I am finding it really hard to get my head around the fact that this year has passed the halfway mark, it just seems to have gone poof on one hand and been endless on the other.  My sincere prayer is that the next six months are going to be infinitely better that the last few months.

Well, if I had to leave out all the drama of the week there would be no Blog today, I am going to highlight one or two 'almost funny' events and not go into too much detail on the not too funny times.  As you may have read last week, I somehow managed to hurt my back simply by sitting and sewing.  Hmmmm that pain just got worse until the point that I could hardly move in any direction.  Eventually on Thursday I went for a second injection to the Clinic Sister who promptly made me an appointment  with the Physio for the next day, thank the Lord that between the two of them I am now more or less pain free, still a niggle here and there but compared to what it was a 100 times better.  Yesterday however, I truly thought I was going to meet my Maker.  After breakfast I decided to take the immune booster pills I bought to ward off a threatening dose of flu.  Well to start with they are huge and chewable, but I don't like the taste so, with a little tea left in my mug I swallowed both, hmmmmm not a great idea.  One got lodged in my throat and nothing I did would move it, I could not breathe, get it down (tea would not go past) or get it out.  My dear Hubby quite literally saved my life as he thumped my back continuously until it dislodged, by that time Jelly Bean was involved as well.  It was one of the scariest things I have ever done and I can only thank the Lord that I was not alone, and my Hubby for being quick and persistent.  I tend to choke a lot but this was a different thing altogether, the resulting sore back is a memory that I might not have been here to write this today.  So, the moral of the story, for me, is always have more than enough liquid and BREAK big pills.  Sjooo enough drama.

On Tuesday I managed to get to the Hairdresser, after so long it was wonderful, after dropping Charlie off at the groomer, the fun started when I collected him.  Oh my goodness....... we have used the same groomer for four years and when I dropped him off only the assistant was there and said the owner was coming.  I specifically asked that he not be clipped short, just a clean up around his face, feet and claws, well ............... my poor little dog came back literally almost hairless.  He looked like a cross between a Chinese Crested and Dalmatian because he has black freckles.  I was flabbergasted and called my groomer to find out what on earth had happened.  She apparently, had an emergency and was unable to be there and so the assistant just went ahead, when she saw the pics I took she was mortified and pomisd the next groom, only done by her, will be on the house.  Poor little guy has no clue why all of a sudden the wind makes his skin tickle 🤦🏻‍♀️🐩.

Hubby had a busy week with his watches, he finished an A Frame book case that the Bears ordered and continuing to work on the deck as and when the weather permits.  He also ended up picking up a lot of extra duties with me being  'girl down', thank you my love and Jellybean Bean for all the help and patience this week.
The family are well, dealing with continued lockdown challenges here and there but on the whole everyone is doing well.  Princess went out on Saturday with her boyfriend's family and in keeping with family 'tradition' (from when we lived in Cradock, in the Karoo)  she successfully shot her first buck and was initiated accordingly. I think I am correct in saying that they are going to mount the head and also give her the biltong from her shoot. Well done  my angel like everything you do, you did a good job.  Thank the Lord she is not going back to school just yet and her school has handed out work to carry on with, there seems to be a lot of confusion and contradicting statements regarding students going back to school in general. 

Well folks I am going to end off now, there was so much more that happened this week, it would take hours LOL.  Safe to say, I am still here, still smiling and thanking God for His infinite goodness and mercy.  From now on I am not going to make any 'predictions' as what kind of week I'm hoping for, I am going into this one trusting God for His protection, provision and presence.  Please look after yourselves, stay safe and stay healthy.  Ciao Ciao
Jasper loving his yogurt
 Zeepha chilling in the sun ON the blender
Charlie after and before grooming 






No comments: