Monday 29 June 2020

Winter has arrived.

Greetings from a beautifully cold Bettys Bay as we close off the first half of 2020.  Winter arrived on Friday and made her presence felt in a very dramatic fashion with the winds picking up throughout the night until just past noon on Saturday, apparently the gusts were measured to be up to 166 km per hour which folks let me say, is very strong.  Hubby experienced some concern with the deck roof and if would stay on, it did and is still looking strong and sturdy even though we could at one point see it 'vibrating' with the stronger gusts, added to all  this we also had very heavy rains.  I, and this is my personal opinion, truly don't think the weather gauge catches all the rain because, when it is blowing horizontal there is no way the drops are all going to fall into that little space hehe. Praise the Lord apart from one fence pole which is leaning somewhat sideways and my circular drying ring on the washing line being m.i.a. we were not affected negatively, ohhh .... the roof did spring a few leaks due to the wind being so strong it blew the water far into the roof.

Well on a less dramatic note last week is not one I am in a hurry to repeat, on Tuesday we had to be in Belville by 10.00 which meant leaving home at 8 allowing for traffic.  Because Charlie has very real separation anxiety I decided to take him with and gave him a Calm Eaze pill before we left ..... that didn't work, we were just past Rooi Els when he said goodbye to his breakfast (thankfully I had a towel with me). Three vomits later we arrived at our destination and I was able to walk him around a bit and he was then fine, the short story is he gets motion sickness and I now (only after Tuesday) have found a solution for it for the future.  I felt so sorry for him because he adores being out and about and in every other respect travels really well.  Seeing as we were out we decided to do ALL the catch up shopping that had been on hold since lockdown started, Jelly Bean spent about an hour in the bookshop stocking up, we collected medications, anthracite, dog food, you name it we had a full day and only got home after 16.30, absolutely exhausted, dirty and feeling very unsanitised LOL.  I am not moving beyond local borders for the foreseeable future that is for sure.  The rest of the week was spent with Hubby building an A frame book shelf for someone and working on watches which just continue to come in.  I decided that I could not bear looking at all the cushion materials any longer and despite being in a bad flare (after Tuesday), I knuckled down and got sewing.  OH my word, I have said to Hubby and Jelly Bean that when it comes to the cushions for the deck I will pay someone to make them.  By Friday I had finished all 6 big cushions - I 're-purposed' the backs of the old cushions which had zips in, had to dye two backs which were extra, remake new inner covers for some that were shredded because of age and so on,   anyway they were done and I was so excited.  Saturday Hubby and I then opened all the inners and 're-puffed' the filler before stitching them closed again.  I know.......... I made it so complicated 🤷🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️.  When I had finished putting them on the chairs I thought , well, while the machine is still out I will 'just stitch' the smaller covers together and then sometime this week finish them off.  🤣🤣.  Yeah right......... once I got started I thought I may as well just do it all.  Eventually after 18.00 on Saturday night I finished the very last cushion, also re-used the zips from the old cushions and re-puffed the inners.  NEVER AGAIN I tell you.  I realized towards evening that I was probably pushing myself a bit but had no idea just how badly I would pay.  My back which had been twingeing since Tuesday's fun and games was seriously sore, then at 03.30 Sunday I woke up in such pain I did not know which way to lie.  When we got up in the morning I could not get my right leg to go forward properly because of the spasm, urghhh.  Eventually after asking on our local Group if the Clinic Sister at the chemist worked on Sundays, she does not, Hubby went into Kleinmond and managed to buy a Voltaren ampoule as well one to relax the muscles and our local Paramedic in Pringle Bay very kindly came out and injected me.  I am still waiting for the Voltaren to kick in as i write this.  Hmmmmmm cushions look pretty but not worth the pain haha. 
Now I will be thinking of my next project 👏🏻👏🏻👀

I am not going to say the Q***** word but apart from a looong overdue Hairdresser appointment on Tuesday I am going to have a good week hehe.   Folks that is some of the highs and lows of this last week, I wish you all a wonderful week, may you be blessed in unexpected ways.  Thank you for your continued support and encouragement on this Blog, stay warm, stay safe and stay healthy. Ciao ciao for now.

New look couch cushions. 


No comments: