Monday 15 June 2020

What a week !

Good morning one and all, I hope today's Blog finds everyone well and ready for the new week.   Hopefully this week is not going to be anything like last week although early indications are questionable.  As I sit typing this I am doing it on my phone...... yes,  you read correctly.  For some reason I can only type the title on my iPad and nothing more.  This Blog site was upgraded two weeks ago and I am praying this is just a temporary glitch.

Wow, last week ? Where to start - with the weather I guess, we had loads of warning and ample time to prepare for the very intense cold front that slammed into the country on Wednesday morning about 2 am.  From wearing sleeveless shirts and open shoes we went to having a fire going, gale force winds and 43 mm of rain in the space of 24 hours.  It was absolutely wonderful to be able to put our feather duvet on the bed and sit warm and cosy with the fire burning away and the rain belting down.   It has rained on and off since Friday but the temperatures haven't risen out of the teens.   In fact I think it is one of the coldest times I remember, listening to up country reports of -13 c in Barley East and lower than that in Lesotho.  We dropped to 7 c indoors which is cold for us.

It was a bit of a crazy week in the sense that a lot happened with not much to show for it.  I had a huge hiccup with our Medical Aid as we moved over in April and going from a private MA to a public one is extremely different and stressful. When I received the Invoice for my Blood tests and Dr's Consultation I noticed that everything that has been paid out since April has been taken off the Savings portion.  URGHHH.  It was a LOT of phone calls and emails to the MA as well as to our GP who had to complete Chronic Condition Forms, before it was corrected.  The miracle was,  I had  asked for the funds to be reallocated once the forms were received and was told it would have to go before a special Board which even then might not agree.  On Friday I received an email showing ALL the previous claims backdated and correctly assigned and our Savings being credited.  Thank You Father God.

In amongst all this was the usual day to day stuff and then I had a brain wave to tackle some clothing I needed to alter.  I will say that it did take me the entire day but I scored a whole 'new' outfit and am extremely chuffed with that.  Many moons ago BigBear purchased a fantastic fleece top with a hoodie,  I loved it from the moment I saw it and used to tease him saying "when it has puppies I want one".  Well it didn't have puppies but he gave me the top a good few years ago and because the ribbing was in a very sad state as well as the white being discoloured I never sorted it out, until Wednesday.   Now, I have a bright black and white, big, warm, smart top to wear (with brand new ribbing on the cuffs and hem)🖒😆

Friday was Princess's 17th Birthday and I am still trying to  get my head and round the fact that she is 17, where does the time go?  I can remember the day she was born as if it were yesterday.  Her 'surprise' of the day was a very quick get together with her Uncles and Aunt as the 'Bears' flew up to Johannesburg early Friday morning to pack up the house BabyBear had been staying in whilst working there.  After that they met with Big Guy, Poppet and Princess at a petrol garage LOL for a  quick cup of coffee standing in the freezing cold in the parking area.  I was SO jealous and emotional.  From there the 'Bears' left for Vanderbijl Park for the night to see Baby Bear's Dad and then onward to Bloemfontein on Saturday to see her Mom.  They left early this morning on the last leg of their homeward bound journey and will stop over tonight with us WHOOP WHOOP.  They had to jump through all kinds of hoops to get the necessary Affidavits to make the trip, but gosh it is so worth it just to be able to spend a few hours together, and for them to have seen all the South African immediate families. There is much to be done today with a special meal for dinner so I am not going to go on much longer, it's also difficult doing this all on a Cel phone 😅😅

I am aiming for a good week, but I do want to encourage you with this in closing.  God wants to be involved in EVERY aspect of your life, irrespective of how insignificant you might think it is. I see His hand on a daily basis even down to simplifying and correcting a Medical Aid  error.  All He asks is that we ask and trust Him to fulfill his perfect will in our lives .

I pray you each has a week of good health, miracles where they are needed,  a closer walk with your Heavenly Father and opportunities to share His Love and kindness with others and around you.  Ciao ciao #stayhome #staysafe

Charlie looking chilled.


No comments: