Monday 10 February 2020

Planning does not always work

Happy Monday friends and family I hope everyone had a good weekend and you are all ready for the new week.  We had a fabulously quiet, restful weekend - surprise, surprise, let me say it was much needed.  

At the outset allow me to say that not surprisingly our week did not go as planned, but was nevertheless a good week.  I had major plans to make covers for the arms of 'the' couch and make a throw to fit it but, naturally none of that happened hehe.  On Tuesday my dear Hubby went into Somerset West to do a couple of errands which included collecting my new glasses, I went for my first eyetests since all the laser surgery and eye operations and although my eyes have deteriorated a little it has not been enough to warrant wearing glasses full time, hallelujah.  I only need them for watching TV, driving and then of course reading.  Hubby then went to collect the white fleece I had ordered and then all his other stops.  When he got home and we opened the fleece material up I was thoroughly annoyed to find that it was a sand colour and not even close to being anywhere near white, aaarrggghhh.  I called and the guy was very friendly and has offered to refund us for it, so thank goodness for that.    

I'm sure most of you will remember that a couple of weeks ago we had a problem with the caravan freezer going off and us losing the entire contents.   Even though I cleaned thoroughly with both soap and bleach there was still a really bad smell in the van.  Hubby had to lift the floor tiles  where the mess had seeped underneath and then spent most of the week cleaning the glue off the floor and laying down new floor tiles, hopefully this will help us sell it even quicker, but shame it was a really big job.  Thank you my love the new floor looks fabulous.

On Thursday I spent most of the day with a wonderful lady who came through to do a home check for the Poodle Rescue group.  She brought one of her own dogs with and we spent a wonderful day getting to know each other, I also just fell more in love with the poodle breed, I truly cannot wait to get my new baby.  Being a rescue there is  obviously no timeline but every day that goes by is one day closer.  Max and Sasha were perfectly behaved, apart from the fact that in the last week Max managed to get out of the yard about five times including the day of the visit  #facepalm.  He has not done this for months and we have now once again blocked up all the visible holes so hopefully that little jaunt of his is now over.

Sadly Thursday's visit left me exhausted but on Friday off we trundled to Hermanus where we had a number of things to do including grocery shopping,  before  going to some friends of ours who used to live in BB and are now in Hermanus and whom we haven't seen since last year.  It was wonderful to catch up D & E, thank you.    I can in no way claim that I had a 'good' day on Friday hahaha.  I made SO many mistakes and had so many 'blonde' (sorry to all the blondes) moments it was ridiculous.  I am not going into details because you would all probably think I need professional help LOL.

Yesterday for the first time in longer than I can remember I made a ciabatta bread to add to our supper and to be honest, I thoroughly enjoyed making it, I really must do more baking.  I am tentatively going to say that this week I hope to be finishing the throw and arm covers for our sofas, perhaps we might even get to do a bit more.  We are planning on painting the ceiling of our bedroom, recovering the headboard and a few other changes.  

Happily, even though we have had some incredibly hot days it has cooled down just a little which I hope and pray will continue for some time.  We really have had a most unusual summer and it has been fabulous.  

Well folks that my news in a nutshell, or the highlights thereof.  I wish you all a wonderful week ahead, please take time for yourselves, time to breathe and smell the 'roses' and above all stay safe out there.  Ciao ciao.

Zeepha just being herself.


No comments: