Monday 28 October 2019

Completed Tasks, Crazy Weather and Good Rugby.

Good morning folks on this last Monday in October, where on earth has this month gone ? I am also wondering where last week vanished to, although being busy definitely makes the time go quickly.  I am happy to say that I have completed my task of sorting out my kist, all the photographs and cards, letters, certificates, memories etc.  I can put my hands on literally almost anything within seconds, that is of course as long as I remember where I put them hahaha. Last week I found myself trying to put our big stove top kettle, from which I had just made tea, into the fridge  ???? #facepalm.

Weather wise we had a very mild week which then turned on Friday when a cold front passed through.  You have to love the Cape - Friday brought the temperatures down to about 13 c and we measured over 100 mm of rain, our gauge actually over flowed.  After getting thoroughly drenched just getting from the car to the house we lit a fire and  reveled in the warmth, whilst watching some leaks become mini dams, I see some maintenance in our immediate future.  Saturday dawned cloudless, windless and dry as a bone, I am convinced almost every woman in BB spent Saturday doing washing and airing out their home.  Yesterday the wind picked up again and by mid morning the rain came pelting down and continued to pour all afternoon and still on and off, we have not checked the rain gauge as yet, but it is a cool 9 c.  From one extreme to the other and back again and all this whilst most of the country is in the grip of a second, back to back heatwave.

On Friday my very multi-talented Hubby was asked by friends of ours if he would go and help them as their car had stopped and was completely dead. Off he went and  discovered that when it had been serviced a week ago, the battery clamp was not tightened properly.  So a quick fix and then as a result, after they thanked him on the BB What's App Group, he received another call for another car that was immobile.  That was not a fixable solution as it was a rental car and their was far too much wrong with it,  he had no sooner got home than our friend phoned and asked if he could come around as the car was making a strange noise.  After a quick drive my Hubby discovered that the noise was being caused by the brake hose not being put into its bracket properly (at the service), as a result the tyre had worn it away causing all the brake fluid to leak out......... and all this done by a reputable garage in the city ..... not !!!! Needless to say the damaged hose is going to be returned to the garage and many questions will be asked, in the meantime Jelly Bean has let them use her vehicle. Someone on the Group on Friday commented by saying that my Hubby is like an onion, so many layers because he also repaired some watches for her.  Busy weekend.

Yesterday BigBear and BabyBear landed safely back in South Africa after what appears to have been an incredible holiday in Europe, I can't wait to hear all about it.  Hubby and I went through to Pringle Bay to the Glen Craig Conference Centre to watch the rugby, what a difference it was compared to where we have watched the previous games.  In short not 
only a fabulous venue, really good food, plus we won the semi final match against Wales, what a game !!!! Well done to our Springboks who played like the stars they are.  Before leaving we immediately booked for next week's final which I am really looking  forward to.

Along with many other children in the country, today our Princess starts writing her year end exams.  To all the kids writing I wish you good luck, take a deep breath and work steadily through your papers, I pray for supernatural recall of all the work you've learnt and been taught as well as God's peace whilst you write each exam. To all the parents, hang in there and  encourage your children to do their best, let's try not to add to their pressure during the next few weeks.  

As for me ...... Today is stage two on my hair highlight journey, eeeek, wish me luck right now I could probably pass on the grey ombré look LOL.
Well folks that's it for this week, I wish you all a wonderful, blessed week.  Take time to pamper yourself - even if it's something small like a long bubble bath with candles and a glass of wine, this year has been harsh and so many people are on the edge of burn out.  Remember your light/candle cannot shine or share warmth with someone else if your wick is burnt out, take care of yourselves in order to be able to bless others. Stay safe out there.  Ciao ciao.

Our very own 'tablecloth' on the mountain. 


No comments: