Monday 14 October 2019

A different kind of week.

Good morning folks from a bright and breezy Betty's Bay, we have clouds moving over the mountains and the sea is looking a lot calmer than yesterday.  Thankfully apart from a few exceptions our weather is still wonderful and mild with most evenings still being chilly enough to need a jersey,  I am definitely not complaining.

Last week was a very odd week in some respects, on Moday we left home early with a long list of things which needed attending to in the City, starting off with meeting BigBear for coffee and catch up to say goodbye before his trip.  From there we went into town where Hubby dropped Jelly Bean and I off at the Lifestyle Centre - our favourite bookshop Readers Warehouse is there, while he went to get watch spares etc.  From there it was back to Somerset West with a few stops before eventually getting home late in the afternoon.  A day well spent.  Unfortunately so well spent on my part that I was woman down for most of the rest of the week.  This is the first time I have dealt with Fibro exhaustion on that level, I am always tired and without energy but last week was an exception, I spent the next three days doing only the essentials in the house and spending the rest of my time on the bed reading or sleeping, so not me, BUT I am getting better at knowing when to stop and rest. I will say this though - it is beyond frustrating and annoying.  My precious Hubby is as always busy with watches and clocks coming in and going out, it's a never ending stream.
Sonshine eventually arrived in South Africa last week and we now have two very happy girls up in Pretoria.  He had previously booked a session for Princess to do a tandem sky diving jump, he is a skydiver and usually videos people who are jumping.  So yesterday off they all went and my gorgeous Princess did her very first Skydive with Sonshine jumping alongside of her and keeping pace.  Sh was incredibly nervous, and WAAY braver than I could ever be and did it with style and enjoyed it.  We have a video which is absolutely amazing, and this was a young girl who last Monday was in hospital on five drips with some unknown virus that was doing the rounds.  She is still not 100% but slowly on the mend, thank the Lord.
As I type this BigBear and BabyBear are on their way to Venice from Rome, where they have been for the last two days. From all the amazing photos we've seen they are having a fantastic time doing a huge amount of walking and literally seeing everything possible.

Last week I made the 'mistake' of buying a new LED light for the cats and am now sitting with a certain little tabby who spends 80% of her day watching my every movement  (the light is attached to my iPad cover). She is totally obsessed with it and with the slightest jingle she is up and looking everywhere frantically, shame I feel bad that I have created this obsession.  
We also caught sight of the Dikkop family briefly last week, but only saw one chick with them, I'm hoping the other one was just sleeping somewhere safely as they are very protective parents.

Folks not a lot of other news to share right now, please don't forget to keep an eye on the other pages of this Blog as I randomly add things to them.  I wish you all a healthy, happy and safe week.  As you go about your business, spread some love and goodwill to those you come into contact with, you never know what the other person is going through.  For those who are local in South Africa I would encourage you to go and have a look at the Facebook page #IAMSTAYING, if you haven't alreaday joined.  It is a group that was started about three or four weeks ago and the last time I looked was sitting on over 700 000 members of every spectrum of our country and filled with good stories about the kindness and love that South Africans have for one another.  Ciao Ciao for now with love from BB.

The beautiful Trevi Fountain In Rome 




No comments: