Monday 3 June 2019

Zeepha's nine lives, orca whales - interesting life

Good morning all, I am beginning to think I should write my Blog every day because, for the last few weeks every Monday has been cold lol.  Once we have got the house cleaned and sorted I am asking my ever patient Hubby to light a big fire for us.

Given the busy start to last week it turned into a very peaceful, uneventful week.  Zeepha went in on Tuesday morning for her surgery, accompanied by much prayer, and we decided to stay in town and get a plethora of tasks and errands done to keep ourselves busy.  Eventually, after a couple of calls from me, the Doctor called me back to say that she was fine but, in typical Zeepha style it had been anything but smooth sailing #facepalm.  She had used gas as the Anaesthetic which worked well, the problem however was when they opened her up.  All her reproductive organs were completely filled with pus, and subsequently all removed.  According to the Vet this is a very rare condition in cats (of course it is) called Pyometra,  which very rarely happens when a heat does not result in a pregnancy and there is an overload of Progesterone = Pyometra.  According to our somewhat shocked Vet even a day later and she would not have survived, it was purely God's timing to have had her done last Tuesday.  She had shown absolutely no sign of being ill, except for a slight discharge a few days before the procedure.  However, I am wondering if  her behaviour for the last six weeks or so was related to this, I mentioned last week that she wanted nothing to do with myself or Jelly Bean and would literally walk over me to get to Hubby.  From the minute we picked her up from the vet she has hardly left my side and is super loving, walking over Hubby to get to me - yaaaay hehehe.  I feel like I have my cat back which is awesome.  She is far more active and one would never know she'd had major surgery, although I did have to destroy an old jersey to make her a jacket to stop her from pulling out the her stitches.  I can honestly say I am SO happy this is now behind us and I can just enjoy her now.

The rest of the week was fairly tame in comparison, I find myself in a very painful flare, probably due to stress, who knows!  Anyway, it resulted in me doing a lot of mending and reading.  The family are all well - Princess still writing exams, Miss Muffet and her family were out camping for the week in the UK and from the pictures it looks like they had a wonderful time.  Big Guy flew down to Cape Town yesterday morning as he was hosted by Red Bull for the Formula 1 event they had here.  Sadly his schedule was so tight that we never got to see him, he's already in the air on the way home, but BigBear managed to find him and spent a little time together which was wonderful.

There was a ripple of drama in our quiet Village on Wednesday as two male Orca whales  named Port and Starboard, made an appearance in one of our little bays where they proceeded to feast themselves on a shark. With all the excitement no one thought or was able to take a photograph which is quite sad, we have known they are here as a number of Sevengill Sharks were found on the beach with their livers eaten.  I am glad I do not enter the water haha.

Well friends and family that's  all for this week, time to get the fire started and the week on the go.  I  wish you and yours a blessed week, remember when things look hopeless is when God steps in, if you will trust Him, the darkest hour is always before the dawn.  Ciao ciao for now and stay safe.

Zeepha proudly showing off her jersey the day of her surgery.


No comments: