Monday 20 May 2019

Wind, rain, highs, lows and flats

Good morning everyone, a little later than usual, but then it's been a super busy start to the week. Yesterday the wind built up steadily to quite 'strong' gale which happily brought the rain with it.  We have had the most amazing rain overnight and all the waterfalls are flowing strongly.  This morning saw us up bright and early in order to get Zeepha to the Vet in Gordon's Bay so that she could have her X-ray.  They initially wanted me to leave her there until  4pm which I simply refused to do.  She was such an angel going in, even in the midst of the heaviest rain we've driven in since we moved down,  she just snuggled into my jacket and didn't make a peep.  My biggest prayer was that they would not need to sedate her and because she stayed in my jacket she was very calm, it literally took 3 minutes, no sedation and it would appear no hernia, now the next thing is for them to figure out how to spay/neuter her.

Last week with Jelly Bean being in Sea Point with BigBear where she had an absolute ball, we had a very quiet week, the house felt really empty haha.  Hubby and I made a trip into Kleinmond on Wednesday and took some time to go and have a delicious cup of tea and then we browsed through some of the shops down toward the Harbour, something we never do.  I find it is so easy to get into a rut of rushing into the Village, doing what needs to be done and getting out.  It was really nice to slowly look and browse without all the tourists.  After more hours than I can even count, it would appear the my clever Hubby's perseverance with the stubborn clock has paid off and it should be working from today, gosh I cannot believe his patience.  On Friday with another early start we prepared to set off for Cape Town to purchase some clock spares and collect our gorgeous daughter.  Hmmpphh. We got all settled and ready to leave and the car wouldn't start ....... slightly frustrated we decide it's not a problem we will use my car, so transfer everything to the other vehicle, go back inside the house for the keys and off we set, turn the key and ....... nothing.  My car battery is flat, not longer was the annoyance just an irritation, the dogs were looking at us like we were crazy.  Back into the house to get Jelly Bean's car keys, transfer everything all over again, turn the key and can you believe it.......flat as a pancake.  What the heck are the chances of all vehicles having flat batteries at the same time seriously ??????  To top things off the battery charger was at someone's house to charge their vehicle.  By this time I was breathing flames internally,  eventually my clever Man went and got the caravan battery and we managed to jump start his car with that.  We lost about 15 minutes and my positive slant on the entire episode is that God delayed us for a valid reason, we may never know why.  Out trip then progressed without any further incidents and we managed to do everything on the list and still get home just after 2 pm.   On top of all the fun and games I unknowingly had run out of antihistamines and also changed my make up brand, Friday chose to be the day that the itchiness made a violent appearance leaving me unsure as to the cause.  By the time we got as far as Rooi Els most of my make up was off from watering eyes and I spent the rest of the day scratching, a bit like a flea ridden monkey, the joys of Fibromyalgia. Now that I am back on the antihistamine it is way better. I belong to two Facebook Fibro support groups and asked a question with regard to the itching on the South African Group and was absolutely blown away by the support and suggestions for all the ladies, it is wonderful being able to have that kind of support and knowing you are not alone or the only one with all these weird symptoms

Folks that was the highs, lows and itches of last week, the wind is picking up again and we are about
to light a gorgeous fire and have another cup of tea, yes I am addicted to my tea LOL.  For those of you who have children or grandchildren about to start writing exams I pray for peace over their minds and spirits and for all of you faithful readers I pray you have a wonderful week, please stay warm and as always stay safe.

The clouds heavy with rain and a gray moody ocean on the way home this morning.


No comments: