Monday 26 November 2018

One of the busiest weeks ever.

Good morning folks can you believe it is now just one month to Christmas, what happened and who stole the time ??  Gee whiz still so much to do.

Last week definitely goes down as a super busy week and I have declared that I am not moving my rear past the gate this week.  Today there is not one Fibro pressure point on my body that is not protesting and untouchable.  Domestic chores and catch up this week is my motto, I started yesterday with painting picture frames.

Back to last week, it seems as if we were out every single day.  Wednesday was the cream on the cake as Hubby needed spares for watches so off we went and it turned out to be one of the best days ever. We started off by going to Atlas Trading, a shop I have been itching to get too since we've been here. They sell ALL kinds of spices and a lot of baking ingredients, at wholesale - pure heaven, I saw stuff there that I had no idea we could get in SA and ended up spending a 'wee bit' more than planned but now I am well stocked for HOTTTTT Dragon Drizzle, and many curries and breyanis . Right next door is a Cape Malay Museum and they had a chap dressed in full shiny costume who was handing out pamphlets and because we were battling to find a parking I asked very nicely if he would move the traffic cone so we could park there.  He was so sweet and was more than happy to oblige, Jelly Bean only thought as we drove away that she should have had a photo taken with him, next time girl I promise.  From there we went to the watch shop before going up to Caledon Square to meet up with BigBear for lunch.  First off we discovered a leather factory where I just melted.  They sell everything related to leather from the smallest off-cuts to huge sheets of leather that are as soft as marshmallow.  Oh my word for me that was an absolute experience, I even saw a crocodile hide.  Definitely going back there, their sheepskin slippers are half the price of everywhere else.  Then lunch was next door at Diaz Tavern which is a Portuguese Restaurant/Pub, my precious Hubby had been there before with a friend so he was well versed in the best way to order.  We all decided on what we wanted collectively and then ordered everything to share, so they put it all on a huge platter -  without a doubt THE best calamari I've ever had, BigBear and Jelly Bean went for the calamari tentacles and Hubby ordered peri peri chicken livers, totally delicious and a definite go back as well. We ended off the day by going across the square to Charlie's Bakery which has had a couple of series on television.  They have a sign outside saying "Please don't feed the pigeons they are getting diabetes."  Hahaha That box is now ticked as well.

This past week has seen about 4 birds finding their way into the house. Two have knocked themselves unconscious, one recovered really quickly and the other took about a half an hour of me dripping sugar water into her beak before flying off.  As I type this we have yet another one flying around the ceiling, this one is not particularly bright and still hasn't discovered the open doors. #facepalm.  The one thing I keep forgetting to mention was about 10 days ago on our way into town we were driving along the last stretch of road before Gordons Bay and Jelly Bean and I both looked down at the same time into a tiny little cove far down below us and saw about four or five sharks mulling around in the clear water - it was a magnificent sight and is imprinted in my memory.   The rest of the week was taken up with planting new bushes and a Wild Olive tree, which means that we are now watering all the new plants.  We then had to tackle a tree on our neighbour's property which had died and was busy collapsing our fence because it was also heavily loaded with a big creeper.  That was fun - NOTT, trying to saw branches on the other side of the fence and then literally both of us pulling with every ounce of energy to pull the branches out with the creeper attached.  My hands were sore for days, the upshot is we now have a much bigger, better view of the sea.  Saturday saw us off to Paarl for yet more watch spares, while Jelly Bean met with a friend in GN for coffee, that was me done for, the last straw haha.

Folks that is my extremely busy week but a good one.  Now to prepare for the family who will ALL be arriving in stages for Christmas, Princess will the first to arrive and then in stages the others.  This will be the first time in four years that we will all be together at home on Christmas, I am so excited I just cannot wait. That is all my news for now, I wish you one and all a blessed, peaceful week friends, please stay safe out there . Ciao Ciao

The street outside in Bo-Kaap which is famous for their beautiful colored houses


View from Diaz Tavern, looking out over Charlies Bakery to Table Mountain.




No comments: