Monday 10 September 2018

Whew time to take a breath.

Good morning everybody I hope you are all well!  Gee whizz I did say it was going to be a busy week, but what an understatement.  Between having to go for Physio, #Cece_the_blind_kitten being absolutely impossible and having everything ready for our dear friends to come home, after being in Europe for four months, and having pupster ready it disappeared very quickly.

Happily the combined Physio and the 3 in 1 injection I had have helped a lot with my back and I am functional with just the odd twinge -yaaaay.  As far as Cece goes #facepalm is the best way to express the last week.  I currently look like I have been doing rounds in a ring with a tiger, which is not too far off the truth.  Her aggression escalated to unknown levels and it was an extremely difficult week.  We have spent the last fourteen days waiting for the Kitty Prozac to arrive and on Friday, due day, the Vet phoned to say "good news Cece's Klomicalm has arrived."  I nearly lost the plot.  Klomicalm is what she has been taking for months, for some reason the Prozac has not been delivered aaaarrgghhhh.  Eventually I spoke to the vet who then wrote a prescription for human Prozac (why didn't we do this two weeks ago?) and I got two pills which I have to divide into 8ths.  She has just had her third dose and although it takes between two to six weeks to see an improvement, we do think there has been a slight reduction in her aggression and panic.  This is really now our last option for her so I am praying that it will work, I will admit to being at the end of my tether at the moment.

All went well with Pupster's transition back home and much to D & E's relief he remembered them and settled down immediately, he is now one very happy boy, even sporting a red bandana hehe.  He as been back to visit twice and then loves showing them all the race circuits he does around the garden, hehe.  Yesterday was the first real Spring day we've had and we were truly blessed and spoilt by being taken out to lunch at the most amazing restaurant,  just in the next Village, it truly is a gem and to say we had a ball would be an understatement, I won't need to cook for a week hahaha - if only.

This morning just after we woke up, we heard a couple of very deep 'booms', thinking it was someone digging in a garden I was not too perturbed, but our trusty Village WhatsApp grapevine very quickly informed us that our S.A. Navy are busy doing manoeuvres with the Brazil and Argentinian Navy in False Bay.  I really feel for the whales because if we could hear it then I have no idea what it is like for them, hopefully it won't interfere with their breeding.

This week is set to be far more sedate although I will be getting ready for my trip up to Pretoria on Sunday, whilst at the same time Poppet will be finishing off at work and getting ready for her trip to Sydney, Australia - she leaves on Friday.  Next week's Blog will come from the other end of the country :D.

Folks, that was our week in a very small nutshell, I have no idea what this week will bring but I do know I am planning to rest and try to recharge my batteries, oh yes and try to keep Cece calm and centred haha.  We have had SO much rain that a tree on the fence with our neighbour has fallen over due to the weight of the creeper which is growing in it - sad face.  I wish you all a wonderful week, full of new opportunities and loaded with blessings.  Please stay safe and always be aware of your surroundings.

Some pics of the stormy weather last week,  one from the front deck and the other from the back door.






These little Mousebirds are amongst my favourite as they queue for nectar.


No comments: