Monday 22 January 2018

My year just got really exciting

Good morning friends my year suddenly picked up pace exponentially on Thursday and I am still questioning whether I am quite crazy 😏.  Let me start at the very beginning, our week settled down quite quickly after having the family here for the holidays and routine returned to normal (does normal exist??). On Thursday Jelly Bean had the day off and so we all relaxed and we're just chilling at home, during the afternoon I was looking at Facebook when I saw an 'ad' for a tiny little blind kitten (yep you know where this is going), anyway I looked at the pictures and actually thought it was a rescue organisation in Durban so scrolled on past.  I just could not get her out of my mind so after looking a few times I saw that they were based in Cape Town hmmmmm, I showed the photo to Hubby dearest who just looked at me and smiled, I contacted the organisation to find out whether she has any other health issues, which she does not and they in turn sent me an application form to complete as there was another person also interested in adopting her.  A couple of hours later they phoned to say she is ours and how excited they are to have found a good home so quickly.  This dear little soul was up on the West Coast and arrived in CT on Saturday morning, she is at the Vet today for all the necessary tests and vaccinations and will come through to us on Wednesday .......... Along with the excitement is a great big dose of nervousness.  We are going to call her CeCe which means 'little blind one' and at the moment are busy getting everything she will need ready, my amazing Hubby is going to make her a 'cat playpen'  so that when the other animals are around or visitors with children come she can have a safe place to call her own.  Am I crazy ??? Quite possibly but we both have peace that this is right so please keep us in your prayers especially for a harmonious union with Gemma and Jasper, it is my prayer that they will both become protective and guiding for her.  I will post some pictures of her next week once she has settled down.

Our Princess started High School last week with an extremely busy week of Camp, collecting all her books, a school gala on Friday - she came fourth in her race and then Athletics day on Saturday.  She took part in four events the 200 m, 100 m, hurdles and high jump and got a gold medal for each event, what a start to her High School career.  Well done my Angel you are a Superstar.  This week they actually begin with schoolwork and a normal routine.  Everyone else is back at work and so the year will continue.

Weather wise it has been unbearable with extreme heat and humidity except for Friday and Saturday which were pure heaven, cool, overcast and drizzle.  I was in my element, today not so much as we are back to the heat and humidity.  As I write this I have taken haven in our bedroom, closed the doors and windows and have the portable aircon going, Jasper like me does not do well in the heat so he is curled up next to me fast asleep.  Please keep Cape Town in your prayers as the drought is the worst in over a century and the day that the city runs out of water totally in now scheduled to be in April.  As from February the 1st level 6B restrictions come into play which means that everyone is only allowed to use 50l of water per day per person, for everything, cleaning, laundry, toilets, cooking, drinking etc.

Folks, that is the 'highlights' in terms of our news for this last week, but I am quite sure the rest of the week is going to be interesting to put it mildly.  I pray that you have a blessed week and would like to
encourage you to reach out to others with encouragement and kindness, you may never ever know
how much of a difference it will make in their lives, but the law of sowing also includes reaping so as you sow kindness and encouragement so you will reap the harvest back.  Please be safe wherever you go and if anyone has tips for raising blind kittens I am all ears 😄.

Driving into Somerset West on Friday morning

No comments: