Monday 4 September 2017

The North wind doth blow

Good afternoon friends, gee this last week has flown past and we currently have a very hot Berg wind blowing which is making life just a tad unpleasant, the only way to exist is to close every window and door and keep the house cool. September has blown in with a vengeance and is trying hard to make winter a distant memory, thankfully the weather department says that tomorrow the mercury will drop and we will have some blessed rain, wooohooo.

This past week was one of recovery for me after all the busyness of August, I am busy getting through a 'delightful' Fibro Flare and therefore have kept as quiet and low key as possible. Having said that we still managed to fit in some fun, thats what retirement is about isn't it? After I dropped Big Guy at the airport last Tuesday I found myself a cosy corner at the Airport as I had to collect friends of ours returning from Europe A couple of hours later, it is awesome to have them back in town and catch up on all the news, always so much to talk about.

Hubby dearest has been very busy in his garage with building the book shelves for his latest order and they are looking stunning, on Friday I took a close look at the dogs who were desperately in need of a clipping and decided to do it myself, poor dogs!!!! First discovery was that our hair clippers do not work on dogs, drat, so that left me with a wriggly dog, a comb and a pair of scissors. Much later Max emerged looking passable and I emerged covered in dog hair, buoyed up by my 'relative success' the day before I got hold of Sasha on Saturday morning and repeated the process. A word to those who've never clipped dogs, Yorkies are much easier than Maltese Poodles. It took twice as long and she emerged also looking fairly decent while I survived with blisters on my fingers from the scissors and looking like a shaggy Yeti doubly covered in white dog fur.

I have to take a moment here to brag a little and also congratulate our gorgeous Grand daughter, Princess on winning three gold medals last week at an inter school meet, she came first in shot out, long jump and high jump for which she broke the hosting school record. Well done Princess we are all so unbelievably proud of you, soon we will have to install a new long rail to hang all your gold medals on.

Yesterday we went visiting some friends and were super blessed to taste Sacher Torte, the genuine cake all the way from the Hotel where it was created in Austria, three words nom, nom, NOM. They also blessed us each with beautiful gifts brought back from Europe making us feel so very spoilt and special, thank you guys, you are such a blessing.

Oh, I nearly forgot, after 13 months of living in our paradise, on Saturday we got to see whales, or parts thereof LOL. Hubby saw a message on our Community group that whales were seen off Main Beach, that was all we needed we were up and out of here so fast and decided to start at the bay in front of our house and then move down if need be. Well all we had to do was just stand and watch, there were three of them playing in the water and we watched for about fifteen minutes before they moved on. What a treat it was, something I've wanted to see since I was a child, now my next goal is to see the 'whole' whale hehe.

Friends, it was a quiet, recuperative week and having caught up a bit today by making some savory crackers for snacks and having dinner almost ready because as soon as I finish here I am on duty to fetch Jelly Bean from work, a drive I always enjoy because of the ever changing beauty and the constant watch for dolphins, sharks and wales, all the while avoiding the number of baboons both babies and adults who sit on the road and very often bring traffic to a complete standstill. I wish you each a wonderful week, we are into the last stretch of the year when things start getting hectically busy, please accept an encouragement to take good care of your health, stay safe and make time to 'smell the roses' or anything that brings you peace and calm.

Max and Sasha looking spiffy and clean enjoying the sun the other day.









No comments: