Monday 28 August 2017

Crazy week, surprises and lots of fun.

Greeting friends from a very warm Western Cape it would appear we have moved directly, and unseasonably, into summer which I am by no means ready to face yet. Wow where to start after a week like this, it has truly been crazy. The week started off quite normally until Thursday and then picked up momentum which hasn't slowed down as yet. Thursday was my birthday and I was thoroughly blessed by my precious family and was told that we were going for dinner in Somerset West after we fetched Jelly Bean from work. The particular mall we were going to is known to have the biggest and best Woolworths food store in the country so prior to dinner we decided to walk through the store and see all it has to offer. Jelly Bean and I were not even down the first aisle and I was stopped by someone giving me a huge bear hug from behind and when I turned around it was Big Guy who had flown down to surprise me for my birthday (he totally succeeded), BigBear and BabyBear were in on the surprise and had fetched him from the airport. What an amazing evening to have 3/5 ths of the family together however briefly. August is a really hectic month for our family with three birthdays within six days. On Saturday we went into Sea Point for a Greek Gods and Goddesses birthday party for BabyBear which was so much fun, I cannot remember when I last went to a fancy dress party hehe. Yesterday was spent slowly and we did not move out of the house, Big Guy made an awesome, huge pot of Breyani which was delicious especially as I didn't have anything to do with cooking it #hugegrin, we watched movies, the F1 Grand Prix and literally chilled out.

Today we awoke to hear that the roads into and out of Kleinmond were closed due to some violent protest action which is so foreign to this part of the world, nevertheless it has caused some concern and obviously great inconvenience to those who live there, business are closed after being vandalised and looted, the area is now cleared and the roads are open to traffic. Big Guy and I took Jelly Bean into work and then stopped in Gordons Bay for coffee which turned into lunch before coming home and meeting Hubby dearest at the big beach where we took a nice long walk. It was just as well we went now as the wind came up and it is now most unpleasant down there. On Wednesday it is BigBear's birthday and then we as a family are clear for a whole month, tomorrow Big Guy flies home and life returns to normal which is usually not particularly quiet. I am am now counting weeks to December and more family time. I know that many of you have family/children who live far away and I am not the only one, but this has been the longest stretch that I have not seen Big Guy, Poppet and Princess in our lives - come on December.

My precious, talented Hubby has his first order for furniture. Last week when we were browsing in Hermanus he was asked if he knew who could make book shelves, when he said that he does the discussion got real and by Friday he was given an order for ten big book shelves for a local book store. Wooohooo so exciting, he has also been asked to quote on a reception counter for a small Beauty Salon, so he is a very busy bee out in the garage at the moment, a friend of ours came through this morning for a visit and assisted with getting the wood cut to size which helped move things along a bit.

Friends, in between all today's goings on I managed to make a big batch of Rusks and now need to go and break them apart, so from me until next week, please have a good week, turn the negatives into positives and as always stay safe.


Panarama shot from Blousteen back towards the mountains along the road we travel every day.




View looking towards Gordons Bay and Strand from the coast road.





Walking the beach with 'my guys'



No comments: