Monday 14 August 2017

A uber busy week, memories and now quiet.

It always surprises me how quickly Monday comes around, good morning folks I trust life has been treating you well. Whew what can I say it has been a super busy week since the last Blog. Our little Grandsons had a full and busy week with trips to and long walks on the beach, collecting shells, flying kites, playing TV games, running around, keeping Grandpa busy. We took them to the Harold Porter Botanical Gardens just down the road, but that trip was not quite as long as they would have liked because we had gale force winds blowing and some rain, but they did get to walk through them with their Mom while Grandpa and I 'wimped' out and had hot coffee in the Restaurant.

On Wednesday I got the biggest surprise and Birthday gift from BigBear and BabyBear, it was all very secret as I was told to dress up and not ask questions. Hubby and Jelly Bean were in on the secret and oh my soul, my birthday gift from them was the treat of awesome seats to watch the Lord of the Dance, Dangerous Games live. Certainly a gift to remember and just so amazingly special, I adore Lord of the Dance so can never see enough of them, thank you BigBear and BabyBear for such a precious gift.
On Thursday evening during the height of the wind Miss Muffet, Hubby and I went out to the garage to get some things and I very quietly tripped over the garage ramp and grazed my knee then landed face first giving myself a black eye, my first ever haha, we looked like a 'right' pair dear Hubby and I with his grazed lip and my face, naturally Big Guy very quickly offered to buy us both a zimmer frame for our birthdays ..... HHhmmpphhhh I don't need or want one yet thanks son lol.

On Friday Mr Muffet arrived to join his family and the 'Bear' family joined us for the weekend which was fabulous, I love having the house full of those I love and all the busyness that goes with it. We made a big 'braai' (bar-b-que) with more meat than I thought anyone could eat and yet it all disappeared, after the boys were put to bed we pulled up all the chairs and embarked on some VERY noisy games of Nurch which is a card game that my precious Hubby came up with years ago and which continues to be a family favourite.

Yesterday brought an end to all the festivities as everyone left for home and new adventures within the space of two hours, the house seemed to settle into the silence and lack of action fairly quickly and we spent the rest of the day resting and being lazy. I have dcided that this week will be one of recharging my batteries, resting and just pacing myself so at this point apart from driving I have made absolutely NO plans whatsoever.

As your week unfolds I hope and pray that is a peaceful, productive and blessed time. Whatever challenges arise you can conquer them, your success rate for survival so far is 100%, so don't give up but keep on doing your best. We have had quite a fair amount of rain, with tons of wind, today however has dawned almost wind free with a weak sun and is just one of those perfect days in the Cape. Folks please stay safe wherever you go and be alert to your surroundings.

A Panarama shot of the beach while we were collecting shells.



A waterfall on the mountain behind us after the rain.



A chaotic Nurch card table

No comments: