Monday 12 December 2016

The countdown has started

Hi friends, I hope today finds you well and almost ready for Christmas. Thank you so much to those of you who called and messaged me last week it meant so much, it was a difficult week that I hope not to repeat if I can help it. For us the week was very quiet in terms of exploring and going out, we busied ourselves with preparations for the family that are coming down for the holidays - in just 4 sleeps the girls will be here and 10 sleeps until Big Guy arrives so you can imagine, lots to do. Both Hubby dearest and I are both feeling a bit lost at the moment as we have both finished all the projects we had including our tea station, which was a surprise for me as I was convinced that I would not get them all done, we keep looking around saying what else is there that's needs doing. At the end of the day we chose not to build a brand new piece of furniture for the Tea Station but utilise a table we had and without compromising the table in any way my super clever husband made a stunning Tea Station. We are also all battling with the loss Kiko, she was such a vibrant, persistent little being that the house is super quiet, we find ourselves saying Kiko would be doing this, of Kiko would be doing that. Gemma has lost weight as she didn't eat very much last week, Max and Sasha still look for her and have made a couple of successful escapes which still causes a ruckus and great frustration Ho hum.

We were planning on going into Somerset West today to finish off last bits of shopping, doing a big grocery shop, and collecting a few things but our trip ended up being deferred to tomorrow. I also have to go for an X-ray on my foot as I kept stubbing my toe badly from the time we moved in and the pain has steadily become worse, so off for an X-ray to see if I actually broke it (which I doubt) but even if I did there is nothing that can be done until the new year. Seeing as tomorrow is going to be a crazy day I have decided to do some baking and then get busy wrapping presents.

We have definitely seen an increase in the local 'population' but as yet not to the degree that we have heard about, I am guessing by this weekend things will start getting very busy in our quiet little village. Having said that, on Saturday morning I was woken at 4.30 AM by the sound of a big truck and some kind of machinery running, peeping through the curtains proved that it was indeed a very large truck and then I realised that it was the 'honey sucker' the local name for the sewage collection. SERIOUSLY 4.30 AM ????? Either our neighbour's plumbing had a crises or the municipality were being diligent and getting an early start.

After a very hot weekend happily the temperature has dropped and it is one of those glorious quiet days where the sea is flat, there is not much wind and lovely clouds are just hanging around, in other words after the last few weeks a super lazy day. I am going to make the most of it as the rest of the week promises to be non stop busy leading up to seeing our precious family on Friday .......... I can't wait.

Friends, as I said a quite week last week with a lot of activity coming up. I pray you all have a wonderful week, for those of you who are going to be travelling go safely and to the rest of you please be safe wherever you are. As a parting question it would be very interesting to hear what your plans are over the holidays and what special meals you are planning?

I never get tired of looking at the ocean.




No comments: