Monday 28 March 2022

Glorious days of early Autumn.

 Hello, hello folks I hope this finds you all well today.  It is a beautiful early autumn day after a near perfect weather and quiet  weekend.  Yesterday whilst I was cooking I looked out at the sea and it was that gorgeous indigo blue that comes with a cloudless sky and once again I gave thanks to God for the privilege of living where we do, it is a blessing I never take for granted.


Well a somewhat stormy week in some ways.  The three of us had decided that we were going for our booster shots on Tuesday at the Clinic in Kleinmond.  That decision after many phone calls to find out just who and where was doing them.  None of our local chemists and apparently only at Hospitals, selected Clicks and Dischem; in fact when I called Dischem I was told they had no stock of the Pfizer vaccine in the Western Cape despite the other nominated areas being well stocked 🤷‍♀️.   So, off we trotted nice and early and on arrival at 9.05 the queue was a block long  👀, my heart sank AND I had Charlie with me.  Dear Hubby wandered off to find out if we were in the right place and came hurrying back to retrieve us from the queue and took off for the Town Hall 😁.  Oh yaaay.  It was cool, quiet and extremely well organised. I think we sat for perhaps 5 minutes before being called and then the obligatory 5 - 10 minutes after.  Charlie was a model dog and got loads of oohs and aahs, he does so love his outings.
Tuesday dawned and the Hubster bounced out of bed while I took a bone by bone, muscle by muscle inventory and came up on the minus side.  Pain down to and including my toes holy moly, Jelly Bean was also extremely sore and we both stayed very low hahaha.  She rallied much quicker, it took me a good 4 days to feel better but, happy days we are done.  After having Poppet fall foul of the 'dreaded lurgy' the week before, and then this week BabyBear was knocked flat into bed and seeing how sick they both were we are all even more grateful that we have had our shots, despite the immediate side effects.
I am so glad that BigBear and Sonshine proved to be such excellent nurses. 
 
Friday Hubby deemed it safe to take the Volvo into SW in order to do the monthly grocery shop, purchase wood, dog food, cat food etc, etc.  A little later I got a call to say the Volvo had 'fainted' about 7 km before Gordon's BAY - the turbo had failed and it has gone into 'limp' mode.  That is one of the most accurate descriptions I've heard of.  Quite literally the car cannot go beyond first gear.   OMW !!! Really ?? After all the fixing and time now this.  Charlie and I dutifully hopped into the little C3 (rescuer of every member of this family at some point) and went to pick him up.  On the way I borrowed a diagnostic computer tool from a neighbour, this failed to diagnose the problem and repeatedly told us there was no fault.  After roughly an hour we called it a failure, locked the car and came home.  A very dear friend fetched Hubby that afternoon and they towed our sad car home, poor old Hubby with another problem to figure out and solve.  The delay meant he spent most of Saturday running around Hermanus trying to get as much done as possible. Thank you my love.

On Saturday afternoon JB and I were standing at the door when suddenly I noticed a really gorgeous, shiny mongoose.  As both dogs and cats were in the house he was able to explore the washing and garden at his leisure; naturally as soon as I picked up my phone to take a picture he darted off into a bush, you can take my word for it he was gorgeous 😃.

Oh goodness ........ how could I forget ?  Last Monday our mattress topper arrived and it was with great delight that I opened the box and watched it unfurl. Poppet and Humph had come through for the afternoon prior to fetching Princess from the airport and she was able to witness the happy event hahaha.  We bought  a 7.5 cm Gel Memort Foam Topper and I can honestly say that it is an answer to prayer and makes the bed feel like a cloud.  I have slept every night comfortably in our bed and felt no remorse whatsoever in saying goodbye to the couch 👋🏻.  Most definitely one of our best investments which even Hubby who likes a hard bed, has found comfortable 👏🏻👏🏻 .

Well folks on that happy note I am going to get my week up and running.   I wish you all a good week, please stay safe and healthy.  Ciao Ciao.

Looking back along Clarence Drive to Rooi Els and then across the bay to Cape Point in the distance on Friday from where the car 'fainted'.
 



No comments: