Sunday 6 February 2022

Fun and Games

Good morning folks, it is an early start in our home today. After some exhaustingly hot days, today it appears to be a mite cooler. Oh how I am counting the weeks to winter ........ I am so done with summer and the heat lol. Our little doves have grown so much in just a week and since Saturday have stretching and flexing their wings, so I am expecting them to fly off within a day or two with their parents. I cannot help but wonder if we will be fortunate to have another family take over the nest and repeat the process 🤔 In between load shedding and power outages, which appear to happen quite frequently when the power gets switched back on, It was a good week where I actually managed to sew a top that I have been planning since December -I took an old skirt and repurposed it into a lovely top which is cool and light, ✅ It did take me awhile but I eventually got to it. Given the weather was so hot I managed to get loads, literally, of washing done and backlogs cleared there as well. All in all a productive week off my 'to do' list. On Thursday Jelly Bean and I took ourselves off to Somerset West, firstly for a visit to my Breast Surgeon who had suggested I come in for a chat. It was a visit that did me the world of good. She confirmed what I have been feeling with regard to my 'fills' and the eventual aim/goal for my implants. She is truly a very incredible lady who despite her insane workload never loses sight of the fact that each of her patients is a person as well. She also decided to give me a Nerve Block on the left side which is always painful and uncomfortable, this has worked like a charm except for the fact it numbed the section that wasn't sore 😂, this morning will be a good testing experience as I am about to go in for another 'fill' . We managed to get a lot of things cleared off our shopping lists as well as having a really enjoyable afternoon out. Apart from being the farthest I have driven it was a beautiful drive into Somerset West having left BB in the rain and in true Cape style arriving in SW to blazing sun, cloudless skies and intense heat, we truly have four seasons in one day, just part of the charm of the Western Cape. We did have a funny incident when, after a night of not being able to sleep I was extremely tired and in Jelly Bean's words a tad 'snarky'. She was cooking viennas and first asked me if she should cook them in a pan - I suggested she could just put them directly on the stove, she then asked what would they look like when they were ready, I answered by saying "they will look cooked." 🤷🏻‍♀️ I didn't know at that moment how to explain what a cooked Vienna looked like 🤣🤣. We laughed about this and I forgot about it, until that evening when I ate a jelly she had made for me. It tasted unusual and when I asked what it was, amid much giggling I was informed that it was strawberry. Hmmmm I, as a rule can't stand anything with a strawberry taste if it is not a real strawberry but this was quite pleasant. She explained that when she saw the flavor on the box she figured it would be good payback for my being snarky. 🤣🤣🤣. Oh how we all laughed. Jelly Bean 1, Mom 0. The family are all doing well and extremely busy with all their various activities including Princess who is really back in the swing of school, athletics and everything that goes with being in Matric. She is also volunteering at a Dog Adoption Project which is active every weekend, this is due to the fact that part of their curriculum for Matric is completing a certain amount of Community Service, there is more to this part of the story so watch this space next week. I am so proud of each and everyone of them for their incredible work ethics and levels of integrity, way to go guys🙌🏻. Hubby had big clocks completed and collected as well as new ones coming in, he also has found time to get some work done on the Volvo which is really great as it has been standing since October. Over and above all his busyness he eventually made time to go for a round of golf in Kleinmond on Wednesday, which was probably one of the hottest days of the week. It seems like at long last we are moving towards some sort of normality after two years of being in various levels Lockdown, busyness and then 6 months of doctors, tests and hospitals last year. The next thing on my agenda is a nice long walk on the beach, when it is not too hot or blowing a gale. Folks, thats enough about my family and all our goings on, I wish you all a wonderful week and please stay safe and healthy. Ciao Ciao. 
 Beautiful view from Clarence Drive

No comments: