Monday 17 January 2022

Summer is here

 Good morning everyone from an extremely hot Betty's Bay, it is a well documented fact that I don't like the heat and therefore I dread the first three months of the year down here.  We even went so far as to put the plastic pool up on the deck😒😰, I tend to pull out all the 'tricks of the trade' that I know in order to keep cool and not melt.


We had a good week which started off with me going for a 'fill' of my expanders, thank the Lord there were no issues or complications as I was under very strict orders from Jelly Bean that I had to come home hahaha, there were too many times last year where I went for a fill and was sent straight to hospital without even being allowed to pass Go and collect R200 πŸ˜‚.
Apart from that trip, it was a first for me as Hubby and I managed quite a few stops together to get some necessary things for the house.  It was nice to be out doing normal things albeit completely exhuasting.
Hubby is overflowing in clocks currently and hopefully some will be going home this week, so grateful to the Lord for this income source and the challenge it presents to him.
We were quite surprised last Tuesday to see another dove scoping out the recently emptied nest on our deck.  This time it is a Laughing Dove  who has either made a rental ageement with the last dove tenants or just plain hijacked a readymade nest, she is now happily sitting on her eggs and I should imagine some time next week they will hatch.  The difference this time around is that she regularly serenades us which is lovely. It does kind of restrict building and banging on the deck 🀦🏻‍♀️ Oh my,  one of these days it will be finished.  Currently the deck is sitting third in line of repairs  ....... Three cars which all have various levels of problems from severe to mild, a cache of clocks, and then the deck.  Busy household this at any point in time.
Thursday was Big Guys 45th birthday, where does time go ?  Truly it seems to fly but when I look at him I could not have asked for anyone better as my firstborn.  He is one of the last  of a sadly dieing breed of true gentlemen, he and his brother treat all woman with respect, are compassionate and have integrity seldom  seen nowadays.  Happy Birthday Big Guy it is an honour being your Mom and I am so proud of who you are πŸ€—.

On Friday we fetched Princess for the weekend which was absolutely fantastic.  It has been so long since we had her to ourselves and for a weekend that we feel immensely blessed and happy.  We learnt to play Whist and played for hours.  Yesterday Poppet and Sonshine came through bearing all the makings of a fantastic lunch - chicken tacos and three puddings YUMMM.  I was also blessed with a gorgeous bunch of happy sunflowers , so very blessed.  After the enormous meal we all took our places at the dining room table and taught Poppet and Sonshine how to play Whist, we played all afternoon and then moved across to the family favorite of Nurch which Sonshine picked up very quickly and in typical fashion it became an extremely hectic and loud time.
It was so special having them here and doing more than just sitting with the tv on.  Thanks family for a wonderful afternoon πŸ€—.

Well folks, those are the highlights of my week past, I even managed to replant my terrarium with succulents, which has been on my to do list for months, yay me πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.   I wish you all a truly wonderful week and pray that wherever you are the heat is not too bad.  Please stay safe and well.  Ciao Ciao.

Gorgeous happy sunflowers.

No comments: