Monday 1 February 2021

Fun and games, whats new ?

Good morning world, I truly hope today's Blog finds everyone well and raring to go. I am 90% ready to start this new month/week hehe. Well...... I don't think it would be classed as a heatwave but it darn well should have been. We have had the whole of summer condensed and intensified in the last ten days, oh my goodness it has been unbearabley hot with high humidity levels UGHHH. I remember in the '80's when we lived here there was never a humidity problem, how things have changed, I am waiting for winter with open arms and a telescope. Yesterday late in the afternoon the temps dropped a little and we had a few drops of rain, not even enough to wet the bricks 😒 but naturally, just enough to make the windows a mess 🀷🏻‍♀️ We had a fair week all in all, Hubby has been working non stop on the server and clocks so always busy there. He had to have a check up at the eye surgeon last Monday who is very happy with the progress of his left eye but, has nevertheless booked him an appointment today with the Retinol Surgeon for a double check πŸ™πŸ». Two members of the family were ill with similar symptoms to what I had (I haven't been near either of them) and also had to have CoVid tests, Praise the Lord both tests came back negative and they are recovering daily. So many people are blasΓ© about CoVid but trust me when it touches your family, loved ones and friends there is absolutely nothing to laugh about. I just wish those same people would mask up, sanitize and social distance correctly. On Thursday Jelly Bean and I took the bull by the horns / car by the steering wheel and mosied around the mountain to do some long overdue shopping and catching up. Firstly the weather report said it would be 25c, HA. 31c in Gordon's Bay. We think we did very well, with strict instructions from Hubby to walk slowly and take things slowly we ticked off each thing in the list in good order, we then went to pay Poppet a quick visit and refresh our very dry throats before stopping to do the weekly grocery shop and heading home. Naturally I did not take Charlie as he is not allowed into the supermarkets, but when we left and got to the second corner from home we closed the car windows because we could still hear him crying, even though he was with Hubby, it breaks my heart to see that. When we came home Hubby came to the gate holding Max who has been looking and behaving very old and doddery of late, as I pulled the car in he put Max down and he was gone like lightening with Sasha hot on his heals. Immediately I reversed and set off in hot pursuit, please bear in mind that Charlie had jumped into the car and was trying to smother me with licks. As I got to the first corner Sasha stopped and we picked her up, so now two excited dogs in the front of the car. Dear 'old man Max' ppffttt, had already turned the second corner and was running down the middle of the main road at full yorkie speed. I eventually caught up with him about 500 m down the road and pulled over to the wrong side in order to cut him off and pick him up. As I opened the car door Charlie jumped out, my sunglasses fell off and Max ran back in the opposite direction 🀷🏻‍♀️🀷🏻‍♀️πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. I was not amused...... and in the time it took to turn the car around a lovely lady in a little red car coming towards us had seen the whole debacle and she stopped, in the middle of the road with hazard lights on, got out and of course he willingly went to her to be picked up and she walked him over to us, still with Charlie going ballistic in trying to kill me with kisses. Talk about Betty's Bay local circus, entertainment for free folks just watch our house. 🀣🀣. Max had run so fast and so far I thought he would keel over from a heart attack. 🀷🏻‍♀️🀦🏻‍♀️ On that note yesterday I actually laughed out aloud, I was standing at the sink watching the sugar birds trying to drink from their bottle. the North wind was quite strong and most of them despite furious flapping were just hovering in the same spot. All of a sudden a bird went flying past the window, backwards - it took me a moment to compute what I had just seen but he obviously misjudged something and came flying past me wings flapping, but going in the wrong direction. Eventuly he managed to get a break and ended up in a bush near the bottle, it was really very funny to see 🀣🀣🀣 I actually did some baking on Saturday and restocked Hubby's Rusk addiction, made two ciabatta breads and discovered that I can make and mix my dough and then keep it in the fridge for up to two weeks. This makes such a difference because I can now just cut off the amount I need every second or third day and bake that πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ». In discovering this and also due to a book that I am reading - Under the Tuscan Sun by Frances Mayes (the movie is based loosely on her story) I found a recipe for a traditional Tuscan Salad which is how they use up their one day old bread. It is called a Panazone Salad, I made it yesterday when Poppet came over for a braai and it is delicious. I will post the recipe for any who want to see it. As most of you have gathered by now for all five years of me blogging, can you believe it's been that long ? I have not received comments on the actual blog and have wondered so many times as to why. It often felt like I was throwing this Blog into the ether and some people read it but that was a small circle, well I was wrong and it was all my fault. I discovered last Monday, by mistake, that I had a little box in settings which was not ticked and therefore I never received notification of comments or saw them. When, with the help of BigBear I corrected that, lo and behold a whole lot of comments came through, some dating back 2 and 3 years. I did then reply to each and every one and also put up the 'Important Notice'. If you have ever commented on any of my Blogs and I did not respond, please forgive me. I was totally unaware that there were any comments anywhere. Happily I can now see all comments and reply immediately, so please keep them coming. On that note folks I am signing out for today and wish you all a wonderful, healthy, peace filled week and month ahead. Please stay well and stay safe Ciao Ciao. Zeepha found a cool spot
This doddery old soul still knows how to run. That is a curl of sawdust stuck on his nose. 🀦🏻‍♀️

No comments: