Monday 19 October 2020

To busy !!


Good morning all you wonderful people, I saw a post somewhere this past week that there were only ten weekends to Christmas, I admit to a moment of fleeting panic as Christmas just hasn't been on the radar this year.  Normally by now we have most of the logistics worked out - October 2020 and so far nothing, that is SO not me.  I am going to have to get onto the situation quickly.

Wow, last week !!!! Was just jolly busy, I'm still trying to catch up.  On Monday the three of us went through to Hermanus as there were just a few odds and ends we needed to get, Charlie came with us and I dosed him with the natural anti nausea pills the one vet gave me.  Well, the shopping went well, quick and efficient, Charlie did well going in, but in the way home Hubby made a sharp stop then a turn and it was good bye breakfast, I'm so glad I planned for that eventuality, so now it's back to the drawing board on fighting his travel sickness.
Tuesday was a day of doing in the house, as most of you will have gathered, I am always on the look out for cleaning tips. I came across an article about Scrubbs Amonia and suddenly realized I had not had that in my house for decades.  Tuesday was a bit of an experimentation day and so far I can say 👍🏻 , it works like a shot.  I mixed amonia, bicarbonate and a little water to make a paste, put it on some mildew and about ten minutes later just rubbed a toothbrush gently over it and it removed all but the smallest amount.  Hopefully this week I can prove my theory on a bunch of different areas 😁.
Wednesday  Jelly Bean and I had planned a girls day out.  We went through to Somerset West, bought some fabric, meandered in a clothing store with her getting a couple of nice pieces for summer, went through one or two other stores which we never get to before going for lunch on the beachfront in Strand.  It did us both the world of good and is something we used to do regularly in Johannesburg, but have hardly done  here at all.  Needless to say it is going to become a regular thing despite the fact that I received a few calls from Hubby dearest telling me how much Charlie was missing me and whimpering 😪 he, Charlie not Hubby, almost licked me skinless when I got home hahaha. I think Hubby was fairly glad to have us back home as well.
The rest of the week was pretty much a right off for me but I still got most things done, although I have not yet gotten to the sewing or painting that bathroom wall.  The more I look around the more I see things that need doing 😱.
Hubby has been busy with some big clocks that came in, we had to send out a 'shipment' of Stands and he has now completed the proposed diagram for the first of the furniture items for Poppet, Sonshine and Princess.  We were talking over the weekend and have decided the best way for him to get things done is to divide his time up to some of each every day, I already do that and its the only way I cope.  
The weather has become a tad warmer but  mecifully still comfortable and on the cool side, I am already dreading the full onset of summer.  Yesterday with no wind and it being incredibly quiet and peaceful outside we had another little braai, I suddenly realized we had not bought 'braai breads' / roosterkoek - these are usually  either cheese or garlic/butter filled dough rolls that you cook on the fire.  I have done normal toasted cheese and tomato sandwiches on the fire before but decided to take a chance and try and make the original thing.  I made a dough, let it rise and not being totally sure how to 'fill' it, I rolled it out and cut it into six pieces which I filled and then folded over.  They were delicious apart from being a wee bit too big and could have cooked a little longer, now I am on a mission to perfect them hehe, so watch this space as I try different recipes and methods of filling.
The quilt is coming along steadily although there have been one or two days when I just did not have the oooompphh to do any work, it is usually my 'happy, peaceful time' and helps me relax.

Well folks, that's it - even I will admit this was a busy week ... yikes.  I am not planning on moving beyond the gate this week.  With all the ongoing effects of CoVid 19 and Lockdown so many people are struggling in so many ways, mentally and emotionally being one of the areas most affected.  As someone who has a family member who struggles depression and anxiety on a daily basis, I would like to encourage you to reach out to those you know who perhaps have gone 'quiet, maybe not as active on social media, keeping contact, going  out or any similar scenarios.  They don't need our advice,  what they DO need is our ears to listen without judgement, criticism, advice, suggestions, being told to 'get over it' or 'try doing exercise/getting out' etc.  If they could they would, trust me.  They just need your compassion to listen and let them know they are not alone and there is always someone who will listen and care.  It is time to look beyond the automatic smile and the 'I'm fine' and look a little deeper.  Please I am asking each of you, my readers to look around those you have contact with and be 'THAT' person they can talk to and turn to.

Have a fantastic week folks, stay safe and stay healthy.  Ciao ciao.
P.S.  A giggle for you - weeks ago in my vegetable farm box we received a basil, parsley and spring onion plant combo.   Like a good girl I planted all three.  The basil died 😢  but the other two are thriving. I have been chopping the 'spring onion' greens onto omelette, salads etc.  Just now I saw Jasper eating the greens ?????? So I took a closer look and it really registered that the leaves are flat and not tubular (I kind of noticed but didn't think about it before)  I asked Hubby to taste and it appears I'm growing, successfully, kikuyu grass 🤣🤣🤦🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️.  Clearly I never got spring onions.  Tip kikuyu grass won't kill you if you eat it.
Our view at lunch on Wednesday.

Braai Breads





No comments: