Monday 13 April 2020

Day 18 of Corona Virus lockdown.

Well good morning world, yes I'm a tad late but better late than not at all.  We are now in Day 18 of National Lockdown in South Africa which has been extended to May 1st.  

Not surprisingly I do not have a lot of news and for once, can you believe it?,  we have had no major dramas or events, unless you include me totally forgetting that it was Easter weekend.  For some reason I thought it was this coming weekend, most likely because I have not been near the shops which are a constant reminder.  So, late on Wednesday when I realized I was not prepared I made a few calls to shops in Pringle Bay and was told they were expecting deliveries of Easter eggs on Thursday.  I had to wait until 16.20 before I could go in and was very fortunate to find more or less exactly what I was looking for.  It was a weird feeling being the only person in the shop and with the roads deserted, so I included a few essentials Hubby had missed and we were ready.  Apart from that we have been totally obedient to lockdown rules and my biggest wish is that one of the major supermarkets would deliver to our area, thereby avoiding Hubby dearest having to go out.

Jelly Bean has not been well for a month and had been sporadically self medicating, but was only getting worse.  We knew it could not be CoVid 19 as she has not left the house since the 17th March, but I eventually managed to get her to do a WhatsApp consult with our Doctor who confirmed what I suspected that what had started out as allergies had in fact turned into a full blown infected sinusitis episode.  So after filling a prescription for antibiotics etc I can happily say she is now much, much better, and has even been able to do some 'contract work ' for BigBear.  The family are all well, we have actually just finished a Zoom Family get together which has done me the world of good, just to see with my eyes that everyone is looking and sounding well.  Thank the Lord for technology that we can still see and speak to each other during this trying time.   Unfortunately since yesterday I have felt absolutely awful in every area of my body 🤷🏻‍♀️, I spent a virtually sleepless night because of the pain and just cannot think why or what has caused it.  I did notice this morning that I had completely forgotten to take all my Meds yesterday morning and don't know if one slip like that could have had such a massive effect on my body.  To that end folks, today's Blog is really only a check in and catch up.  On Saturday Jelly Bean and I started a 2000 piece jigsaw puzzle which measures 1000mm by 700mm, good grief it is huge and not going to be an easy task but, will certainly keep us busy. I also completely unraveled a jersey I had made her years ago and which she barely wore, it is now being knitted into a shrug/cocoon cardigan for winter.
Little Charlie and Zeepha have become firm friends and spend a LOT of time chasing each other around the house, which has us all in stitches as she will suddenly leap onto a high surface and he is then stumped.  This was one of my prayers when I got him, that the two of them would bond and be company for each other.  He is truly my little shadow and wherever I go he is right there besides me.  When he comes in from outside or wakes up he greets me as if I have been gone for 6 months, precious little soul and oh so very gentle.

Well family and friends that is all for this week, I am off to lie down with a book and do some reading. I pray you all have a good peace filled week, stay safe, stay healthy and stay inside.  Ciao ciao 

Charlie making sure I stay close
Zeepha playing hide and seek behind the mint

No comments: