Monday 2 March 2020

Baking, Wine Tastings and Huge Cattle.

Good morning folks, just like that and we are into March and for our family that means it's birthday month for Jelly Bean whoop, whoop.  I am also looking forward to the fact that we are just that little bit closer to winter #biggrin.  We have had a week of mixed weather to be sure, going from searing heat with not a breath of wind to gale force winds which have turned beautifully cool.  On Saturday we were in Somerset West where the weather was a stifling 35 c and drove home to a fabulous 21 c with a cold wind, oh I do love BB .... I simply cannot wait for the cold weather.  

A quick report back of last week's mention about the ongoing nausea I was dealing with.  After wracking our brains as to what if anything was causing it to be so intense, and a suggestion from someone on the Fibromyalgia Group about a possible chemical reaction, I realized that it was a direct result of Hubby painting the bedroom ceiling.  Apparently after all these years that I have been on this earth I can no longer tolerate the chemicals / smell of paint, the result being extreme nausea, thankfully the ceiling is finished and whilst my dear Hubby was touching up I stayed well away. Voila - extreme nausea gone.

We had a relatively quiet week with no wild life or domestic incidents.  Jelly Bean had a lunch visit with a friend of hers and we took the time to complete a few chores and then a lovely lunch down on the beachfront in the Strand, actually the food wasn't great but it was super to sit in such lovely surroundings and share a lunch together.
We also had a very special treat when Jelly Bean tried her hand at baking - her first attempt and she made a traditional Irish Apple Cake, oh my word it is truly delicious and is my new favorite thing.  Well done angel I foresee much more baking in your future heehee. 
On Saturday we went into town again but this time we met with BigBear and BabyBear at a lovely little winery called Yonder Hill,  just outside Somerset West.  It was a real treat and my first wine tasting, their wines were delicious and were paired with a platter of olives, bread, cheeses and  cold meats....... absolutely delicious.  Even better was the good few hours we took just chatting and enjoying family time, thank you 'Bears' it was a very precious afternoon. We were all quite in awe of the cattle on the farm, I did some reading up and apparently they are Ankole Cattle and have been know to have a horn spread of up to 2 metres.  I have seen a lot of cattle in my day but never horns like these, they are HUGE.

Folks, as I said a lovely quiet week, lots accomplished and no major dramas apart from one unsolicited attack on me by Jasper, I wish we could find out why he does it, it is truly a mystery.  Please don't forget to keep an eye on the Hints and Tips as well as the Recipe pages, I am trying to be more consistent in updating them both.    I wish you all a beautiful week, may God give you the strength and wisdom for every situation you have to deal with.  Ciao ciao for now and please stay safe.

THE most delicious Irish Apple Cake.

Ankole Bull






No comments: