Monday 15 July 2019

Not a week to be repeated......

And a bonny good morning to all our family and friends from a sunny, cool BB.  Remind me to never ever 'gloat' in having had a quiet week, wow what a reversal we had last week.  Before I get to the ins and outs let me start by saying that at this moment we have clocks coming and going at a rate that I am having a hard time keeping track of, thankfully my precious Hubby knows exactly what belongs to whom and at what stage of repair each one is.  Today my favourite is going home, this is the 'old' 1850 clock, it is such a dignified, elegant little clock which only gives one gentle ting on the hour. One of his regular customers brought back a clock he had inadvertently overwound and along with it three others all needing repair, amongst these is a tiny little cuckoo, kuckolino clock which I have fallen in love with and am now on the look out for a similar one for our home.

Our week started with the news that my Brother-in-law on my late husbands side of the family had passed away.  I think very often we just 'assume' everyone is immortal and it comes as a shock when someone we know passes away, I will always have fond memories of E.   On Tuesday Poppet called me to tell me that she had found a lump in her breast, which given her previous history caused us all a big jolt.  We immediately prayed for complete healing, she was put on a Prayer list of trusted Intercessors and we held fast to Gods promises to and for her.  She immediately contacted her Oncologist who arranged a Sonar and Mammogram for Thursday morning.  A few really uncomfortable days and many hours of prayer and both tests showed that it was just a small cyst and nothing untoward or distressing.  Thank you Father God for You continued Hand of protection and healing over every member of my family and for the valued and precious prayers of all who prayed for her.  I awoke on Monday morning with what felt like a sharp stitch in my left side which I tried my best to treat and ignore, unsuccessfully as it turned out as it is still there but no longer sharp, it is now more of a niggle and discomfort.  I eventually took myself off to the Dr on Thursday and she ran a battery of blood tests as she suspected Chrones or Ulcerated Colitis, which I refused to accept and gave me some medication which sort of helps.  Late Friday evening I got an email from her saying it was neither of the above and therefore yet another convoluted symptom of Fibromyalgia and IBS.  Now to find a way of figuring out what brought it on and how to get rid of and avoid it for the future.  As if the week had not already been difficult enough Princess had what they thought was just a sore throat and by Friday morning she was absolutely burning up with fever, couldn't talk or eat so it was off to the Dr for her.  Poppet messaged me to say because she was so ill they were testing her for swine flu ......... SERIOUSLY??????? I was just so mad (and yes stressed) enough is enough already.  Back to praying, not that we ever stop but some warfare was required and I got a call later on to  say NOT swine flu but a very bad case of a different flu.  She is now slowly on the mend and taking all her meds.  The hits just kept coming, a very dear friend of mine in Bloemfontein contacted me to let me know her husband who has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's has now also been diagnosed as having Parkinsons, my precious friend you are in my prayers God is holding you all in the palm of His hand and giving you the  strength you need.  She also told me that a mutual friend of ours from way back, who has been fighting cancer for the last 9 years is in her last days as it has spread to her brain.  This was such a shock as I truly thought she had beaten breast cancer, yet another precious family in my prayers for the time ahead.

Having shared all this news, let me just say right here - yes it was an awful week in every way but I remain charged up spiritually and emotionally even if physically I feel considerably less than charged.  That too I will get past and I am praying this week remains calm and trouble free.  We also took Jasper to the vet last week because of licking all his fur off, the verdict there was that he has a flea allergy and will hopefully stop licking,  R600 later on two flea treatments and I cannot see any evidence of fleas, not to train him to stop licking, he is looking a tad motheat n at the moment........ Oh JOY.  This is my beloved cat who will be purring and loving me one minute and the next have the stare of death in his eyes and sharp teeth clamped into my skin.    The two Dikkop birds we had nesting next to our fence last year are back, which is a great joy to me, I will keep you updated on their progress as they go along.

Well folks that is WAY more than enough news for anyone and I am now signing out, hopefully to continue enjoying the Tour de France and catch up on some domestic chores that have fallen behind.  To my amazing Hubby, thank you for always being so patient and taking up the slack when I just cannot, I love and appreciate you.  I wish you all a healthy, peaceful, God centered week.  Please remember, it does not matter what the devil tries to throw at you it will never negate the Power of Our Mighty God, keep your eyes and mind firmly fixed on Him.  Stay safe and always aware.  Ciao ciao .

Zeepha checking out what I'm reading.  She investigates every single thing I do 


No comments: