Monday 11 March 2019

Rain, glorious rain ...

Good morning family and friends, here I sit listening to the glorious rain that has been falling since yesterday, in long sleeves, with a cup of tea and thoroughly happy.  So far this morning we have measured 60mm which is the most we've had down here and doubly unusual as it is coming from the South East.  The only problem with the different direction is that our house a sprung a few new leaks               # facepalm, this means a trip up onto the roof for my Dearest Hubby when things are dry to do some waterproofing.  Otherwise a perfect Monday.

After a crazy busy week which left me utterly wiped out and in loads of pain I have declared this as a 'home week.'  Last week we took our very sad looking little Bonsai tree up to a gentleman here in BB who grows Bonsai's.  Hubby was given this one as a birthday present in 2016 and it has never grown but still had leaves, then a couple of weeks ago dear, sweet, innocent ? Zeepha discovered she could get up on the bookshelf and started pulling the leaves off, I moved it and gave it some TLC but it just looked worse.  Sadly the professional diagnosis was .......it died!!  I felt so bad as I am the one who has looked after it, but our Bonsai 'guy' said he will see what he can do with it and in the meantime has exchanged it for a different type of tree, Natal Fig which he has been working with.  So, he is busy repotting the new tree into our pot and will do the shaping etc and get it settled then give us a call to collect it, I am praying I can keep this one alive and healthy.

With all the running around and hoo haa of last week my precious Hubby wasn't able to make much progress on the deck, he has done some work on it, but has also been busy with a number of wall clocks that have come in, one which just continues to chime non stop (it is in the workshop thank goodness).  Zeepha continues to just get cuter and cuter and weighs in at 1.3kg which means I am starting to organise her spaying / neutering procedure.  She still has this impression that whatever I eat HAS to be shared with her irrespective of what it is and if I ignore her she will walk all over me or stand in front of me squeeking.  Jasper is still a bully and we regularly have to intervene when the squeaks become louder, where she does get the upper hand is when she chases him or visa versa and because she is so small and he is so clumsy, she will dive into a small space and then he 'loses' her and will call her looking very confused haha.  A constant source of entertainment these two.

On Saturday afternoon we went to a wonderful event that my friend E organised for all the people whose  homes and or gardens were affected by the fire.  She had organised hundreds of plants mainly through local ladies who worked for weeks with cuttings and getting the little trees and bushes ready to be handed out, beautiful pottery bowls had been especially made and there were drinks, eats, little gifts.  It was a lovely festive atmosphere with  everyone being able to help themselves to plants, bowls etc in order to re-start their gardens.  Well done my friend you worked so hard and it was truly a wonderful way of helping people find some closure.  As one drives through BB at the moment there is re-building taking place everywhere which is wonderful to see as well as how quickly the ground and certain types of Fynbos are recovering, thank you Lord..

Folks no major news thank goodness, for me this is a week of resting and healing.  The rain is still falling and the waterfalls on the mountain are all streaming down which is gorgeous, I am going to try and get some nice photos during the week to show you.  I pray you all have a fabulous week and please, please wherever you are, stay safe and always alert in your surroundings.  Until next week Ciso Ciao.

Zeepha pulling the cute card.😍
 Jasper 'stuck ' on the fence or maybe he's practising Karate 😆

No comments: