Monday 18 March 2019

From heavy rain to a different kind of 'heat'

Good morning everyone, is it just me or did last week fly past ?  One blink and it was history haha.  So much for my 'quiet' week I planned, I did manage a couple of days but seriously not enough.  The week started with that amazing rain, we measured 85mm in 24 hours which is the most we've measured at one time down here and then with  #zeepha having an issue with her right eye.  Since she was a tiny baby she has had twitchy eyes, but she kept it almost closed and on Wednesday woke up with it being all gummy.  I phoned the Vet and they said to continue swabbing it and bring her in on Thursday, so off we toddled bright and early, dropped Hubby off to visit a friend and Jelly Bean and I did the vet 'thing'.  After an official weigh-in at a whopping 1.25 kg #facepalm, and a thorough check up the Vet gave her an injection, some cream for the eye and an anti-biotic, she was not totally sure what the cause was, but as it has progressively healed every day I am very happy.  Zeepha handled her outing with all the class and grace I expected her to, not a squeek in the car and once we left the Vet we added a quick stop at the supermarket for which I put her in her travel box and she was absolutely fine in the trolley albeit causing quite a stir and lots of 'aaaah's and oooo's'.

As it was Jelly Bean's birthday yesterday I ordered her a pair of sheep skin slippers from a leather company in Cape Town, the only problem was when I called them they had none in stock of her size.  My heart dropped as the lady told me they take a week and a half to make...... she then said that she would ask at the Production Meeting on Wednesday and call me back which she did, and said they had agreed to make a pair especially for us and with luck it would be ready by Friday, no stress !!!!
On Thursday just before 10 am I received another call to say that the slippers were ready and could be collected whenever it suited us.  I have seldom experienced such an efficient level of service and communication in dealing with any company before. Kudos to #WoodheadsLeather for not only providing the most amazing  leather products but for your incredible staff, efficiency and friendliness, I will only use this company in future for any leather related items.

That having been organized we took a trip into Somerset West again, on Saturday morning as Jelly Bean had a coffee date with one of her friends. Being  the efficient souls we are LOL, we combined it with a full on grocery, fruits, vegetables,  pet shop for cat food and chicken shop for dog food as well as a nice coffee date of our own.  Let me add here that on Friday I began waging war on the continued flea problem we have to which end I  gave the cats Capstar, which kills fleas instantly and for 24 hrs, then Friday evening when we went to bed we 'fogged' the lounge/kitchen area and on Saturday morning whilst we were out we 'fogged' the bedrooms.  The reason I mention this is because when we arrived home on Saturday after a full morning of running around and no electricity due to Load Shedding, we then had to put the house to rights as well as vacuum from one end to the other and every nook and cranny. Wheew quiet week not !!!!!   A little while later BigBear arrived and we had a wondeful evening of chatting and catching up (again no electricity) and a yummy Braai (barbecue).  Yesterday the guys got up early to watch the Grand Prix and once all the birthday celebrations were over and the power off AGAIN, we drove to Pringle Bay to one of my favourite little coffee shops where we spent a wonderful morning.  Came home and I quickly put Jelly Bean's meal request on to cook............. OH DEAR! is all I can say.  Last year when I bought all my Indian spices I obviously bought chilli powder as well, hmmmmm, I make this dish regularly but I have NO clue what happened yesterday.  I dished up and one by one as we started eating I was met with shocked faces until my very dear Hubby said he could not eat it.  None of us could, it was so flipping hot it was inedible.  Jelly Bean was the only one who managed to get any down until eventually we just gave up and had tea and chocolate muffins for lunch  #double face palm, never in all the years I have cooked has this happened.  I am going to buy some DANGER stickers and paste them onto the bottles. I made BigGuy and BigBear chilli chutney for Christmas and they are constantly joking about how hot it is (same batch of powders) now I have some inkling of just how hot, HOT is.  Oh dear some serious adjustments needed now LOl.

Folks on that note I am going to say Ciao Ciao for this week, we again have no power and I will post this as soon as it comes back on.  Have a wonderful week wherever you are, be careful around chilli powder lol and please stay safe.

Two videos of Zeepha having her bed time drink, one at the start and the second as it comes to an end. As you can see this isn't going to end anytime soon HAHA




No comments: