Monday 31 December 2018

The last day of 2018

Good morning folks, I hope today's Blog finds you all well and recovering from the Christmas celebrations.  We had a super busy week and it was wonderful having all of my side of the family together for the first time in years, even though it was only for four days it recharged my 'mom' batteries.

One of the highlights of our time together was on Christmas Eve when we all played a game called Mumbo Jumbo, this has to be the funniest game I have ever played and I actually had sore tummy muscles from all the laughing.  We were quite literally rolling on the floor - it requires people to double up into teams of two, one person has to put a plastic 'brace' in their mouth and then read a question from a card - impossible and hysterical.  Proudly Jelly Bean and I won which was a surprise hahah.  On Christmas Day we went for sundowners to our friends D and E, although the wind was howling we still managed to find a sheltered corner and had a wonderful time of fellowship and laughter, soooo much food was consumed over those four days, good grief.  The family were wonderful in that they had planned everything and between the girls they took care of everything in amazing style, people took turns in cooking,  so from a delicious Breyani compliments Big Guy to Roast and Salads - BabyBear and Poppet it was definitely a feast, the organisation and thought that went into it all blessed me out of my socks because it was done with love and the purpose of taking pressure off me and helping me pace myself.  Thank you my very precious family for your love, care and all the hard work.

At the beginning of the week I was connected with a lady who is a Kitty Foster Mom, she has a litter that she rescued at 10 days old, the whole litter were very malnourished (mom is a feral and was tested and sterilized before being released).  In the litter there is one little girl who has very definite growth problems and I am going to see / collect her on New Year's Day.  She has clung onto life and remains unbelievably small but determined to survive, at this point barring any major health downturn I will be bringing her home to love and nurture.  BigBear blessed me with the most beautiful cat carrier when he was here and so I am about 60% ready for her arrival, by tomorrow night I will be ready.

Poppet's toe is healing nicely and the stitches come out on Wednesday, Princess has battled with hay fever / cold since she arrived but is looking better.  Jelly Bean has gone to the 'Bears' for New Year and we will collect her on Tuesday after collecting the kitten and Big Guy is back in Johannesburg and back to work.

Folks that is all for this week, from my family to yours we wish you a very Happy New Year, My prayer for each and every one of you is that 2019 will be kinder to you than 2018, that you will experience good health, less stress, more love and peace in your lives.  Please, please be safe on the roads over the New Year and if you are traveling.  Thank you for your continued support and encouragement over the year and I am looking forward to another year of shared memories and experiences with you.  Ciao ciao and 'see' you in the New Year.

Beautiful pic taken at Delaire Graff Wine Estate by Jelly Bean

No comments: