Monday 10 December 2018

It's nearly Christmas time

Good morning friends and family, gee these Monday's just keep on coming haha.  At the moment we are very blessed with the weather, it has been very moderate with a little bit of rain every couple of days or so and temperatures between 19c and about 25c which is absolutely perfect, I can only pray it stays this way.  Today there is not a cloud to be seen, the sea is a dark indigo blue and just a gentle breeze.

Congratulations to our gorgeous Princess who is going into Grade 9 next year, you worked so hard precious and it definitely paid off .  We are very, very proud of you, only five more sleeps and you will be here woohoo.  After all the planning and preparing I can say happily say I am 97% of the way to being totally ready and am quite chuffed that I got it all done, a bit of a personal 'achievement' for me.  The rest of the family are well, and I think are all collectively counting the days until they get here.  BabyBear's Granny passed away on Saturday morning and our thoughts and prayers are with her and her family as they mourn their loss, big hugs angel.  Miss Muffet and her hubby jetted off to Belgium this weekend for a work Christmas 'do', it was the first time they have ever left the boys overnight and it seems that they had an absolute ball and thoroughly enjoyed themselves.

We had a fairly quiet week which had a few little ups and downs, nothing too major.  On Wednesday we had planned a morning of shopping in town which involved about 7 or 8 stops, starting off with a quick visit to our friends here in BB to collect something.  Long story short, I got out of the car to fetch it and was standing on the bottom step up to the deck talking to E, as we were finishing I stepped back and totally missed the darn step and fell flat.   Thankfully a big Protea bush stopped my head from hitting the ground but I landed on my hand, lost a shoe and hurt my toes as well, ho hum !!!  Needless to say the shopping trip was a bit of a disaster HAHA, when we got into town my dear Hubby realized he'd left his wallet at home and by then I could not use my hand #facepalm.  Anyway, we managed to get most of the stops done to varying degrees of success before coming home, with Jelly Bean insisting that we should have listened to her and just called it off after my fall.  My toes are getting better and I can use my hand but not for anything that requires any strength.  After everyone (kids) telling me that I need to start being more careful, as if I don't ??  Poppet the very next day managed to kick a concrete slab with her two little toes which are now a delightful blue / green  colour .......... Sweetheart you must be careful please ;)

Needless to say that kind of put a lid on my activities for a couple of days, but things are getting back to normal.  My darling Hubby is still getting wall clocks of all shapes and descriptions as well as watches, so he has no shortage of things to do.  Over the last week I have been offered so many little kittens, in my heart I just knew that however beautiful, none of them were the one for me.  On Saturday we went to meet a little black kitten who has had her right eye removed, she is just too adorable and a busiest  kitten I have yet to meet, apart from the obvious lack of an eye she is not one bit impaired or disabled and I have no doubt she will find a wonderful home.  I also got to meet two little brothers I have been 'following', they both have Cerebular Hypoplasia and are just THE most precious of tiny things.  They are having physical therapy and will hopefully find a wonderful home in time, they will always be kept together.  On the way home Hubby suggested we stop at the Animal Welfare, I  didn't see any of their kitties but did have a wonderful chat to the lady who works with them.  She totally understands my heart in wanting to adopt a 'special needs' kitten and has taken my name as sadly they comes in all too often.  They said they had never had someone come in with this request and they were really excited, I have total peace in my heart that 'my' special needs baby will come at the right time.

Enough waffling for now ........ that's all my news for this week folks, I wish you all a wonderful week, I hope that by now you are almost done with all the running around and chaos of Christmas planning and can soon start taking things easy.  From my family to you please stay safe and aware AND take some time to spread kindness and love around to those you come in contact with.  Ciao ciao for now.

Sunset in BB last Sunday

The Dikkop eggs hatched on Friday and there are now 2 gorgeous little chicks, which mom and dad have moved to a safer place 


No comments: