Monday 9 April 2018

It's Monday and a brand new week awaits

Happy Monday folks, I hope you all had a good weekend and are in for a blessed week.  What's been happening in Betty's Bay ?  Not much, it has been beautifully cool with the daily trend at the moment being that the clouds move in over the mountains and then just hang around.  The village has quietened down and is back to normal after the school holiday and the long weekend which is actually very nice, there are always tourists / vacationers here but it's only over holidays that things get a lot busier.  We had a normal week with no major outings, excitement or dramas, hehe, mostly due to the fact that I am slowly getting through a very bad Fibro flare, brought on by who knows what.  Jelly Bean had the flu as well which meant she had a little extra time off and because I have such a precious Hubby who did some extra driving, I was able to really try and rest.  Please note the word 'try', translated that means how much rest can one get with a very dependent blind kitten, every day brings something new with her.  Currently we seem to be battling with a flea infestation which is enough to drive me nuts.  Two and a half weeks ago I put drops on all three cats, at no small cost I might add, and the relief lasted not even a week, aarrggghhhh.  Strangely Gemma who is outside a lot of the time never seems to be bothered with fleas, but the two indoor cats are a different story.  Anyone who knows me will know that creepy crawlers and the like are a taboo for me, it brings out the OCD in my nature and must be eliminated at all costs.  So a few baths later, bicarbonate soda, and other home remedies  including Bicarb and salt on the carpets before vacuuming and.  ............ There are still fleas.  When I dropped Jelly Bean off just now I purchased a different brand of drops and also a tablet which will kill ALL fleas and eggs in 30 minutes and will begin the process again.  Unfortunately in South Africa the Flea/Tick pill for cats, which lasts for three months is not yet available, only the one for dogs can be bought which I find crazy, anyway it is what it is - rant over :)

Hubby was able to get in some practice at the driving range and then watched the Masters Golf Tournament last night until the end, it is his sporting highlight of the year on television.  With my 'newfound' good eyesight I have caught up on some reading and in two weeks have finished three
fantastic books that have been sitting waiting for me #happylady.  We did a bit of a wood stock up for
the next cold front, every time I look at the fireplace and see it all waiting I get such a thrill, I am most definitely a winter girl.  I even managed to get stuck into cleaning the fridge and freezer (it took two different days haha),  I don't know about you ladies but that is one task that I do not enjoy and tend to procrastinate on so ....... Fridge/freezer = 0. Sharon = 1.

After their Easter weekend away Poppet and Princess eventually got home safely.  Poppet left the South Coast with friends  last Tuesday morning at about 4 am and they were held up in Pietermaritzburg due to an accident which happened mere seconds before they arrived on the scene, I truly marvel at Gods grace.  They had already stopped for cool drinks when the driver pulled over again to put some eye drops in, those few seconds were absolutely critical in them avoiding the accident which closed the highway for the entire day.  They had telephoned back to the rest of the convoy, including Princess, who were leaving at 9 am to forewarn them, and by the time Princesses convoy got there they had to use a different route and to top it all their car broke down just outside of Pietermaritzburg, when they eventually got to a garage and waited  hours for the verdict it was already mid to late afternoon.  Eventually they ended up hiring a vehicle and got into Johannesburg at about 11 pm where she spent the night and got home the following day.  This all resulted in quite a lot of stress all round for Poppet and I but as I said God is truly faithful and always looking out for us.  I know how hard it is to  be able to leave things in God's hands but trust me He is the only one you can trust your loved ones to, the only one who loves them more than you do.   I was able to take so much comfort in knowing that even though we couldn't see where they were, He could, and kept them all safe and sound.  Don't ever be scared to put your circumstances, family and loved ones into God's hands and care, I know that His timing is not always the same as ours but I DO know that He has never let me down or failed to 'show up' , there have been many, many times when I though God had deserted me, was not hearing me, but He always, always has come through for me.  The lessons I've learnt in the interim periods of waiting and hardships have, in retrospect been invaluable and are among the things that have made me who I am today.

Friends on that note I am going to say Ciao for this week, I hope each one of you has a blessed week and as usual please stay safe.

Our beautiful mountain overhead in clouds.





No comments: