Monday 18 December 2017

Twas the week before Christmas

Hi folks, can you believe it is exactly one week to Christmas, how are you all doing in terms of preparations?  I can very happily say that I am finished with everything.  I actually managed to get everything on my list finished as well as all presents, just in time before Princess and Poppet arrived.  Shoooo, I will admit though that on Friday I definitely overdid things and am still paying the price.  Hubby darling and I dropped Jelly Bean at work at 8 am, had a quick breakfast and then got started.  We made eleven stops in total, as I had offered to help Princess and Jelly Bean with their shopping, at one point I was SO confused with trying to sort out who had what, and if I had purchased all the right gifts for the right people,  aaargghh, I truly felt like my brain had totally deserted me haha.  We did the grocery shopping, gift shopping, you name it we did it and eventually finished at 1.50pm, collected Jelly Bean and staggered home after 3 pm.

Our beautiful  girls arrived on Saturday together with BigBear and BabyBear who fetched them from the airport and after a special Express Christmas dinner we had a small gift opening, their gifts from us and to us.  Yesterday dawned with lovely cool weather and quite a strong wind, so we spent a slow, lazy day around the house. It is so good to have them here and watch them relaxing, I cannot believe it was eleven months since we were last together. Even with a big crowd like that though we really missed Big Guy, it felt very odd without him.

Needless to say it has taken Jasper until now to relax enough that he is sleeping next to me on the sofa, Mr Scaredy Cat spent most of the weekend prowling around and jumping at the slightest unusual sound.  Braveheart he is not!! 

BigBear and BabyBear leave on Friday for their holiday to Zanzibar and Big 
Guy is working right through the holidays as is Jelly Bean.  I am pretty sure that if both of them never see another customer they would be very happy, as we call it they are 'peopled out'.   The two girls are going with friends to do three Wine Farm tours this coming weekend and will be home again on Christmas Eve.  We have invited some precious friends over on Christmas Day and will be having a 'quiet' slow day here with a nice meal and everyone just relaxing.  

I would love to hear back from you guys  to hear what your plans are for Christmas Day?  I will not be posting a Blog on Monday but will catch up with you again next Tuesday.   My prayer for you all, wherever you are, is that you 
have a wonderful, blessed Christmas, enjoy the time with your family and friends, and be safe wherever you are.  2017 has been a very tough year and this is a beautiful time to focus on the good things that have happened,  to give thanks for all the answers to prayer and for the people you have in your lives.  

Merry Christmas  folks from us all in Betty's Bay.

Jasper and Gemma in holiday mode




No comments: