Monday 4 December 2017

Three weeks to Christmas, are you ready?

Hi folks, December is here and we are on the final countdown to Christmas and the end of 2017, and for us that leaves twelve sleeps until our girls arrive for the holidays. Still lots to get done as I am sure all of you have as well, but somehow now that we are actually in December it feels a whole lot closer and perhaps just a little bit 'eeeeeek' how am I going to get it all done. I am pretty much on track as far as preparations for the girls visit but not quite so organized for Christmas presents, which is odd for me as I am usually finished all the shopping by now. It probably has a lot to do with the fact that Hubby dearest is not totally mobile and we have just not been able to set aside one day to get everything finished. This week for sure I will cross that task off my to do list.

Tomorrow also marks the one year anniversary of my precious little Kiko crossing over the rainbow bridge. Last year she took such great delight in helping me put up the Christmas tree but unfortunately never got to play with all the baubles, I have absolutely NO doubt that Jasper is going to have great fun with them this year, unless for some reason the tree scares him (which is totally possible haha), I have never before had a cat that gets such big frights for the smallest things, hmmmm perhaps I should put a moving reindeer or something under the tree, that way he will leave it alone? Kiko will alays hold a very special place in my heart as she was truly one of a kind, totally unique in every way.

As far as the weather is concerned we are having the strangest weather. As we are a winter rainfall area it is very strange to still be having rain at this time of the year, not unwelcome by any means, as far as I am concerned it could rain year round and I would be quite content. Late Saturday and on into most of yesterday morning we had glorious, soft rain and much cooler temperatures which were truly appreciated by my family at least. May it continue to rain as the drought here is severe and the water restrictions and limits are going to be sorely tested.

Last week was extremely busy with driving into town and back as Jelly Bean had shifts every day, this week she has two solid, back to back days off for which we are all extremely grateful. Although having said that for, the first time this morning we nearly got it wrong. I thought her shift was this afternoon and she said that is was this morning, so the alarms were set, we all got up and Hubby was going to go in with her and then visit a friend until she finished, which would have given me the day off as well. About ten minutes before departure time she double checked her roster and guess what ? She is on this afternoon hahahaha.

I must also share an extremely proud moment we had as a family last week when Princess's was named Victrix Ludurom at her school for 2017 and her name has been added to the Honours Board in the school Hall. Well done my angel, you worked so hard to achieve that Honour, even competing when you were ill, against all our advice. Well done to Poppet for doing such an amazing job as a Mom and for your support and encouragement in helping her to accomplish this goal. Next year as she moves on into High School it is the start of an entirely new chapter in her life with opportunities aplenty for her to continue making a name for herself on the sports field.

My darling Hubby had an appointment with the Surgeon last week, who is very happy with his progress and we have to return just before Christmas before he is able to remove the sling and begin some rehab exercises, three weeks down and three to go Sweetheart, you can do this. I am trying to capture every spare moment to rest because all the busyness has led to a Fibromyalgia flare of note, which is probably going to take some time to get under control.

Folks, I pray you all have an excellent week, manage to get all the things that need doing, done and even have some spare moments to 'smell the roses', admire your surroundings, take some time to refill your own batteries and get some breathing space before the final busyness overtakes you. Please stay safe out there and alays aware of your surroundings please.


Two pics in Memory of my beloved Kiko. The second taken today a year ago.

No comments: