Monday 20 November 2017

Crazy week, crazy weather

Greetings all from a VERY windy Betty's Bay, currently the wind is blowing a gale which means I keep having to check on my washing to make sure it hasn't blown away, quite literally.  I trust you all had a good week and are ready for this one ahead.  At this stage my week is looking a LOT better than last week and I am going to do my best that it stays that way.  Hubby's op went very well, the Surgeon repaired two tears and he was able to come home the following day.  His pain levels have been pretty manageable so far except for Friday when he went into town with us, personally I think it was just a bit much.  I am doing a LOT of driving with Jelly Bean to work and back, although she drives on way each time which helps immensely, her first time driving at night was in the pouring rain with the two of us both straining forward to see where we were going haha, talk about the blind leading the blind.  I will confess that not too much creativity has been taking place in the house as I have just been too tired and busy, so a lot of salads for dinner.  On Friday Jelly Bean had the first part of Root Canal in her problem tooth hich has happily stopped the pain, and we then went into town using my car.  Oh dear ........ I've had this car for about four years and not once have we had to do any repairs on it, until Friday, just as we got into town it sounded like I had driven over some wire, so I pulled over and we checked under the car - nothing, my darling. Hubby then opened the bonnet and there, flapping around, was a third of my fan belt which had stripped loose.  We managed to cut the loose piece off and very cautiously continued with all our chores.  We are so used to Hubby doing all the vehicle repairs and maintenance that the thought of having it replaced in town never even crossed our minds.  We did organise with friends that should it come off completely they would come and tow us home.  Only on the way home after Hubby decided to buy a new belt did we even think of having someone replace it, we found a company around the corner and within half an hour were back on the road.  Woohooo.  Yesterday we went into town but happily not for work and while Jelly Bean was at the movies we had a lovely coffee and scones and then went to visit friends for an hour before coming home and collapsing.  Today she is off and we all decided that not one of us is leaving the
property hahaha.

Jasper is still carting his little piece of paper around and hiding it, which means he keeps coming to me to help him find it because it has gone under the chairs or some other impossibly small space.  I even had enough energy this morning to make som savoury which was an achievement all on its own.  I do not know why but it seems that the closer we get to Christmas the  faster the weeks seem to fly past.  In three and a half weeks our girls will be here for a MUCH needed holiday break and family time, Hubby will be in a sling for the next five weeks, so right up to Christmas of not being allowed to move/use his arm, but then he will be as good as new.

Apart from the travelling and 'nursing' not much else of interest this past week in my life, BUT, I would like to end off by encouraging those of you who are going through tough times and turmoil to please hang in there.  2017 has been a particularly rough year for many people and now that the pace
has picked up and barrelling  to an end, pressures are mounting up, deadlines have to be kept, work needsto be completed, exams are being written, finances are tight and just in general a lot of people are taking strain.  Please don't give up or allow the pressures to overcome you, YOU are bigger than any problem that comes your way.  God is bigger and more powerful than ANY challenge thrown your way,  the Holy Spirit is your constant companion and guide.  The best advice I can give is to push on through prayer, positive words and thoughts, try not to overthink every situation and allow God to work in your life and circumstances.  As long as you are worrying and trying to fix things His hands are tied.  Please take a moment to go and read Matthew Chapter 6 v 25 - 27 and Matthew 21 v 21,22 and Matthew 7v 7.  God will not let you down, He says in His word that in Him we have protection and provision. John 10 v 10.  I know how hard it is let go and have faith but I have been 'there' so many times that I can with assurance that God will ALWAYS come through for you if you believe in and trust Him.

Have a fantastic week folks, be good to yourself and always stay safe please.  Thank you for your continued support on this Blog and in my life.

Some photos taken last week on my travels.





No comments: