Monday 5 December 2022

December has arrived

 Wow, good morning family and friends - December snuck up on us and here we are.  Everything about this year has felt off kilter, the months seem to fly by and in the Cape our weather has been all upside down.  After a 'dry' winter by comparison to most we have already had our first heat wave (last week).  This kind of weather usually only comes through in February, it was most uncomfortable to say the least.


Well a quiet month socially but extremely busy here at home and also with trips to town for a variety of reasons.  Folks we did it ... we finished off the deck (see pic).  After having someone come in to lay the floor tiles I volunteered to do all the grouting, 30 sq m.  Perhaps I misjudged the amount of work in comparison to my strength and energy levels but, I did it and am very proud of the little bit of sweat equity I added to the project (and sweat I did haha).  After a couple of false starts in finding a comfortable position to work in, one of which was a foot pouffe which we aren't using and I thought might work to sit on.  Hubby brought it through covered in a black plastic bag, put it down and I sat down.  Then in the same movement slid right off the back of it with legs in the air 😂😂, I clearly never thought that one through and how we all laughed.  Anyway, eventually I sat on a low camping stool and I think for the most part did a good job of working and pacing myself. Until I got to the last bit.  I should have done it over two days but had reached a point physically where I just knew the tank was empty and there was no way I could do another day. So, I just knuckled down and did the whole section at once.  Then I could rest and recover.  Since then there has been a lot of resting all the while doing smaller things in between.  Hubby has gone off today to buy the wood for the benches seating and storage whoop whoop. He can truly
be extremely proud of himself for what he has built, well done and thank you my love.
I also started my Diamond Dot Art Painting I may have mentioned this last month.  It is totally addictive and such a calming hobby.  I am just under half way with it and am already planning my next one - such fun.

The family are all well, it has been an incredibly challenging year for all four of the 'kids' work wise but we are standing on God's promises and trusting Him for doors to open.  Princess has officially finished school, that also seems to have just come out of nowhere.  She is currently up country on holiday and having a well deserved rest. 
Within the family we have finally got Christmas planned and will all be gathering at the Bandy Clan's House on Christmas Day. Sadly Big Guy is not able to join us this year and there is going to be a very empty place at home and on Christmas Day 🥺.  Miss you son.

Folks that is about it from me as I look back on the year and see how God has sustained and carried us.  He has never once failed and is always faithful.  As you each head into this season whether you will be going away, staying at home, having a quiet Christmas or a busy one i would like to encourage you to look back on this year concentrating on the blessings and positives. We made it through 2022, we are still here wiser and stronger .  Please be safe on the roads wherever you may go and remember that a kind word or gesture can totally turn someone's day around.
Have a blessed Christmas all.  Ciao ciao.

Ta da - our gorgeous deck.


Before, when we bought our house 




No comments: