Monday 3 October 2022

Busy, busy, busy.

 Happy October everyone, all I can say about September is "it was good and very busy".  Here we once again find ourselves with a brand new week in a new month ... It is a blank sheet of paper in your history at this stage, I hope you all make it memorable, even if that is just a mental adjustment to look for the blessings.

As September rolled in I made the decision that enough tasks had gathered dust bunnies and made a began to clear my list.  🎉 Pacing myself I  managed to get 90 % of my list finished and ticked off.  Eventually finishing Jelly Bean's shrug which in retrospect I could have left the original size as it is somewhat large 🤦🏻‍♀️. She loves it but as for me I'm not so sure hehe.  Then I got stuck in and completed an order from the Bandy's for two long thin hot water bottle covers and one small cover for a microwave hot 'bottle'.  They thankfully came out exactly as planned and they were delighted, even I was satisfied.  Next on the  list was tackling some of the awkward kitchen cupboards.  One of my pet hates in a kitchen is the corner cupboard that has two doors, you have to be an octopus, flat on the ground to find anything.  We have one under the counter and one right above the counter.  Needless to say that by the time I was finished there was a large box of a variety of kitchen containers, odds and ends that got donated to our local animal charity.  Then came the moment which I could no longer ignore and this past week I knuckled down and made six big scatter cushions for the lounge.   The material was bought  months ago, before my last surgery if I am correct.  It has been sitting here glaring at me ever since but because I find sewing on the machine extremely hard  on my back and shoulders, I kept putting it off.  No more,  the cushions are made and I am super chuffed at how they turned out.  

There are still four things on my list - to revarnish the kitchen counter and our dining room table, to paint the big wooden unit which has been waiting for more than a year.  Inspiration eventually landed and I am going to paint it with chalk paint, I can't wait.  The fourth task is to lengthen a bought jersey for someone in the Village.  The lady bought this jersey in the UK and it is just too short to be comfortable.  I managed to find the closest wool blend and intend getting started on it immediately.  My fingers are itching to get to the wooden unit.

Hubby has also been busy with a constant stream of clocks and watches.  He also hired a local chap who came in and helped him finish off the cladding on the deck.  Since then Hubs has filled in all  the gaps etc and we can now purchase the paint and get a painter in, 🤞🏻 within the next week or so.  After that it is tiling the floor and then it becomes liveable.  The benches will be the last step.

The Volvo is still not going but the computer is currently in Johannesburg being repaired, so please God that will be back soon and he can get her back on the road. 🙏

The family are all well and Princess had two Matric dances last week in as many days.  On Wednesday she was in Pretoria for C's dance and then they flew back on Thursday for her dance that same night.  Talk about a tight schedule.  She also had her hair cut on the day of her dance to just below her shoulders which was a big surprise and looks stunning.  She is donating her ponytail to the Cancer Association 😍.  Someone is going to be truly blessed with an incredible wig.  I am still trying to figure out where the years have gone, all of a sudden she is this gorgeous, mature woman.  Her school starts writing their final matric exams on the 25th October 🙏.   This weekend she and C her boyfriend came through and spent Saturday night with us, leaving just before lunch yesterday.  We had the most amazing time with them and ended up playing card games til late on Saturday evening.   We tried taking all the dogs to our local Coffee Shop because they now serve Pupachinos and I have been promising Charlie one for ages hehe.  Good old Murphy's law was in full  effect and due to Loadshedding they could not make any of the fancy coffees or Pupachinos.  Oh dear, one day I will get one for him but, oh my goodness try taking three dogs to a dog friendly Coffee Shop and it was bound to get rowdy.  Humphrey is a rescue like Charlie and he gets very vocal when he sees any dog on the street (even if he is in the car), he bark/howls. Charlie just gets over excited period, and Sasha gets so nervous that she shivers and shakes.  Yikes ... It was interesting but none the less good fun and I am glad we did it.  This week is another birthday week in the family with Poppet celebrating her birthday today and Hubster celebrates his on Wednesday, they are exactly 30 years and 2 days apart.  Happy Birthday precious family I pray your coming year is going to be blessed beyond measure.

Health wise I am gaining my strength steadily. I have tried Physio for the frozen shoulders but it truly made no difference so for now I just curtail painful movements and am waiting for it to go.  I think the biggest boost for me has been making headway, albeit slowly, on all the things that had accumulated over the past sixteen months and clearing my 'list'. I feel like a functional, productive woman again.  I can only give God all the Glory for that fact that on this Saturday I will be one year Cancer free. It has been a long year, but one in which my faith has grown in leaps and bounds.  The Lord has held me, comforted me, taught me many lessons and healed me.  As October is Breast Cancer awareness month I am going to ask the question.  Ladies when last did you have a Mammogram ?  As hateful as they are they can save your life, please don't put it off. 

Well folks, this is what we've been up to and I intend having pictures of further projects finished or on the go by the time next month rolls around.  

To you all, wherever you may be, may God be your Comforter, your Saviour and your Healer. He is faithful and just waiting for you to ask, there is nothing too small or too big for Him to handle.

Stay safe folks and stay well. Ciao ciao.

Charlie looking cute at the coffee shop.



Finished scatter cushions  
 




No comments: