Monday 25 October 2021

A very quick check in

Hello, hello family and friends this is just a very quick note to say hi and also to say a huge thank you to everyone who has messaged and or called over the last two weeks, your  thoughts and prayers have meant so much to me.   The surgery went well if not very long, somewhere just under six hours and the first few days I was kept heavily dosed on numerous pain Meds before being discharged exactly a week later. Poppet and Princess drove me home in comfort and great style.  On the Sunday BigBear drove all the way through for a visit as well as giving Jelly Bean a day off by making us the most delicious lunch.  This past week at home has possibly been one of the longest weeks of my life as I am learning to manage the pain, discomfort and dressings as well as two trips into Somerset West to see both Surgeons - those trips along my favourite road I now dread the most, for all the corners, bumps and jiggled lol.  The one thing that became apparent within hours of waking up was this phrase - The expectation is vastly different to the experience, and once again I can say that without God I do not know how I would have coped, He is ever present and indeed my comfort and strength. As I said this is really just a "Hi" and "I am still here" check in folks.  Hopefully by next week I will up to a more chatty Blog but as far as the family are concerned everyone is doing well, the animals are up to their normal antics, with Charlie quite literally barely leaving my side.  Apparently he became quite depressed whilst I was in hospital and now that I am back he is making sure I don't disappear again hehe. Well folks I wish each of you a wonderful week, make the most of your health and time and as always stay safe.  Ciao ciao with love 

No comments: