Monday 27 September 2021

A bit of this and a bit of that

Good morning everyone on this last week of September, I don't know about you but it has been a very long month as far as I am concerned. As I type this I look up out of our roof height windows and the mountain is shrouded in grey cloud, looking beautiful and dark. Weatherwise we have been really blessed with mild temperatures, some rain and mild winds, just what I call comfortable 🙂 After many times of crocheting and undoing the Cat Cave I eventually got it just right and oh my word was I a happy camper. The pattern is now amended properly and I should be able to knock the second one out this week 🤞🏻. Zeepha took such a liking to it that I have decided to undo her's and remake it according to the new, amended pattern before I go into hospital. I got some baking done and quite a bit of catch up within the house. Hubby spent the majority of the week working on clocks and watches and has come a long way in clearing the queue that had begun to build up. I would say that production wise, we had a good week. Sasha has been 'coughing' of late and we noticed that it seems to be more prevelant when the temperatures drop or it rains so, on Thursday we took her into the Vet for a checkup of her teeth and the 'cough'. Seeing as she is now 12 and apart from vaccinations this is her first ever visit to the Vet, I think she is doing very well and is still very active. The diagnosis was that she needs to have her teeth cleaned as the back molars are in a bad state and the Vet believes that this could also be the cause of her cough, kind of like a post nasal drip. Her heart sounds good and so this morning Hubby is taking her in and they will do her teeth under anaesthetic and I pray that will fix it all, poor old girl. After the check-up Jelly Bean and I were dropped off with the girls where we were able to relax while my very energetic Hubby did all the stops that seem to accrue with annoying regularity. Just going in exhausts me at the moment so I really appreciated the down time at Poppet's house. Friday was a Public Holiday and we invited the girls over for a braai which turned out quite different to what we had planned. At the last minute we decided to use the Air Fryer instead of making a fire - we do not eat a lot of meat but oh gosh, the lamb chops and pork steaks were absolutely delicious, done to perfection. The more I use it the more uses I find for it 😁. The rest of the family are doing well although BabyBear twisted her ankle last week and it turned out to be a torn ligament, she is now in a brace/boot and more than frustrated at not being able to exercise and get about. Praying for a quick recovery Angel. Now that I am down to less than two weeks of waiting for my surgery I will be honest and admit that I am nervous, yes a little about the actual surgery but also about the post-op recovery with all that it will entail. I think the wait has just been too long and I will be glad to have at least the first major step behind me and know that I am on the recovery road. It is impossible to 'imagine' how I will feel waking up after the surgery to effectively having lost my 'boobs' but, I am still just as determined to beat this and do it in faith and with grace, I also know that it is going to involve a huge amount of prayer and resilience. Without God I would be lost, it is only in His strength that I can come through this. As a quick follow up on all the drama regarding Scar Face last week, it seems that that the three Villages - Bettys Bay, Pringle Bay and Rooi Els are going to come together to protect our baboons and preserve our Biosphere for future generations. There is still much anger and grief around last weeks situation and the best way to channel it is to form a strong enough group to stand up to those who are totally unscrupulous. Well folks that is it for now , I wish you all a wonderful week, for those who are struggling and hurting in whatever way I pray that you experience the Peace and Comfort of the Holy Spirit and that God Himself will make your road smooth and give you the wisdom needed in all your decisions. Please stay safe and stay well, Ciao Ciao . My Interior Decor is designed around cardboard boxes for Zeepha's pleasure, even if she doesn't fit.

No comments: