Monday 12 July 2021

When Monday is Sunday

Good morning family and friends from our delightful wintery seaside village, it is sooo good to have all the rain and cold and to know that winter did not just disappear.  We have really had some very extreme winds and heavy rainfall which of course Is exactly what we need being a winter rainfall area, it brings such joy to see the waterfalls coming down the mountains and everything turning green and growing 😍.


As usual, there is always so many things that need doing (I don't know who did them before we retired) but they just keep popping up.  This week saw Hubby up on the roof yet again with his new paint-on sealer before the storm made landfall,  I will say this, a lot of the leaks appear to be gone but there are a couple that are beyond stubborn and seem to defy the laws of gravity and repair - it also depends largely on which way the wind is blowing the rain, such fun!!  Sadly I just read a post of someone in the village whose home was completely flooded - under six inches of water on Tuesday evening, this is the downside of the much needed rain sadly.  A lot of BB is built in and on marsh/vlei and the low lying homes are especially vulnerable.  

We had another Embroidery Stand order which was a super result of someone seeing a post on FB by lady who was showing off her work - it is such a blessing to see how excited the ladies get in waiting for their stands and obviously to us as well. 

On Wednesday Sasha and Charlie were booked for a grooming session and all I could do was pray and hope that it stopped raining long enough for the groomer to finish, she has a lovely trailer and comes to the house which is much less stressful for the dogs - Sasha saw the trailer pull in and literally shook her head and ran off in the opposite direction 😂.  They both looked beautiful and pranced around very proudly afterwards.

As for me ...... a lot of cooking, knitting and experimenting with Gluten Free recipes, yesterday I made oat crunchies but instead of flour I used oat flour and blitzed the actual oats in the food processor to make them a littler 'finer'.  I was not sure how they would work but was aiming towards making them the same as a delicious box of GF crunchies I purchased a month ago, the result .....SUCCESS they are delicious,  yaaay another one onto the menu.


Today we have Princess coming to spend a couple of days which is going to be just awesome, I hope we can get a break to make a quick visit to 'our' shell beach.  With another huge cold front due to make landfall just now I spent most of yesterday doing three huge loads of washing and for the first time in weeks it was all dry, because of that I decided that today will be my Sunday, and once the house is clean I am going to pick up my knitting and get that shrug growing.  It's a bit of a shock to the system after working with the bulky Tyarn and how quickly it works up to now knitting on a size 7mm needle hahaha it feels like I'm knitting with baby wool.  Talking about the Tyarn, I am expecting a batch to arrive this week and my next project is going to be crocheting a cat cave that I saw years ago but could never find the pattern in English, two weeks ago I found a translation of the very same cat cave so, watch this space.  

Jelly Bean and I went into Kleinmond on Thursday and then had to go to Hermanus again on Saturday, I am so 'over' malls.  I've never been fond of them but Saturday was enough to last me another year.  There were one or two things we needed and I was looking for winter pajamas, naturally I found a pair at the very last clothing shop in the mall and I mean truthfully, I went into every single clothing store 🤦🏻‍♀️.  This pair don't know it but they had better last a good, long time haha, we eventually got home at lunch time both exhausted, peopled out but satisfied that we had accomplished everything we went to do and don't need to venture out again for the foreseeable future.


The family are doing well with things continuing to roll along, as with so many, many people some of them are more affected with CoVid lockdown more than others and I am focusing my prayers on them for new opportunities for work and increased business.  It has been wonderful to see locally how the small businesses have adjusted to this latest change to Level 4, with coffee shops and restaurants adopting the old roadhouse systems thereby keeping their staff employed and their doors open - basically curbside service with a smile.  One of our local restaurants usually does a full Sunday roast and I saw their ad yesterday that they are continuing with it, one just needs to phone in the order, bring your own dish/plate and they will serve you at your vehicle.  May the rest of industry in our country also think out of the box and do all they can to keep their doors open.


Well folks that is just some of my news, there is a lot of stuff going on which I will share in a couple of weeks.  Right now Hubster is off to SW in the search for a glass door for the deck, we need the door first in order to build the wall and insert the windows according to its size.  He is then going to collect our young guest and will hopefully be home before the worst of the storm hits. 

I wish you all a good week, please stay well and safe, if necessary increase your sanitizing protocols and be warm and dry. Ciao ciao 


Magnificent rainbow on Thursday in Kleinmond, wind blowing too hard to get out of the car.



Charlie looking like a Pom Pom.





No comments: