Monday 15 March 2021

One down, one to go

 

Good morning friends and family, I hope today's Blog finds you all well and ready to tackle the week ahead.  After a very industrious week I am almost ready to pick up the sander again.  Thank goodness we have had not one, but two cold fronts come through since last Tuesday, such a welcome relief I cannot tell you.  Yesterday was really the first time that it got noticeably cooler and was a glorious day, it started raining in the afternoon and has not stopped with some very heavy downpours during the night. We had some really hectic winds and  rain earlier in the week.  When you see a warning on Facebook telling you to tie your roof down then be assured it is going to BLOW hard hehe I truly love it.

After doing as much on the chest as I could,  on Monday we brought it into the house so that I could carry on despite the weather and  on Wednesday I was able to put it in place and fill it up, my goodness me it has so much space that I was even surprised yaaaay.
All that then led to the question of what to put on it as a centerpiece hmmmmm, I soon decided on making a terrarium and then the hunt was on for a suitable big, glass rose bowl.  I did kind of get a wee bit sidetracked on my search and also found a gorgeous big, fat, old bottle which unfortunately is in Swellendam - a little bit far to just pop in and collect so after some scheming, I asked on one of our local groups if anyone was going that way and a very kind lady called to say her husband is going this week and will gladly bring it back for me 👏🏻.  Poppet very kindly collected the rose bowl for me and I spent Saturday making my first terrarium 😁, I think it still needs one extra plant but seeing as there is not even a pinch of moss to be found anywhere and I'm not sure what else to add I will add them when I find them.  That little exercise then morphed into me adding new pot plants and replacing some that were really looking very sad - it's like a snowball effect 🤣🤣.  Now that I look at the 'new' lounge I have decided that I am going to knit / crochet two of the big, round ottomans. using T-Yarn, I have already found a number of patterns.  I did promise myself and Jelly Bean that I would wait a full week before starting on the wooden unit which is waiting on the deck for sanding and restoring, I even dreamt about sanding it down, it's much easier in my dream though haha.   Having said that and having tasted the satisfaction of seeing the article change under my hands I am raring to start, one down and one to go.  Happily I managed to catch up on thehousehold things that had been waiting in line.  Hubby now also has a full tin of rusks again, he also made some more headway on the deck by cladding the outside of the bottom wall and along the top above where the sliding windows will be, it is really starting to look real and take shape.  He is constantly busy with clocks and watches and also has a small design job to do.

The  girls flew up to Pretoria on Friday and Jelly Bean was asked to house and pet sit, this was a first for her and she did a stirling job, it meant for a quiet weekend for us though.  After we dropped her off on Friday we had a long list of stops and chores and at about 17.30 I just couldn't go another step,  so my dear Hubby said we would cancel the grocery shopping and he would get what we needed on Saturday.  After stopping to collect some awesome fish and savoury rice (my favourite) we eventually got home after 18.00 to hungry animals, a line still full of the mornings two loads of washing etc, by that time I was operating on automatic and pain killers.  I find it extremely frustrating dealing with the limitations that Fibromyalgia forces me to confront i.e. On the way home I realized I had not done the shopping  for Jelly Bean's birthday present, her birthday is on Wednesday and one other stop I didn't get to grrrr, purely because I could not physically have managed.  Yesterday when we went in to Somerset West to collect her I did the birthday shopping and I finished the other stops before we headed for the glorious quiet of home.  We had a beautiful cool day here in BB with soft rain falling all afternoon and ended up having a small braai for supper.  The best way to end off a really active, busy week.

After all that news folks, I wish you a wonderful week.  May all your endeavors and projects be successful and please stay well and safe.

Ta daa 




 This beautiful sight on our way into SW yesterday


No comments: